Republicans

oldngray

nowhere special
objectivity in journalism was created to tell the rich mans view.

and thats true and of course it does.

Is the education system that bad in Canada you don't even know the definition of objectivity?

objective

adjective ob·jec·tive \əb-ˈjek-tiv, äb-\

Simple Definition of objective
  • : based on facts rather than feelings or opinions : not influenced by feelings
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/objective

rickyb

Is the education system that bad in Canada you don't even know the definition of objectivity?

objective

adjective ob·jec·tive \əb-ˈjek-tiv, äb-\

Simple Definition of objective
  • : based on facts rather than feelings or opinions : not influenced by feelings
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/objective

hey i really liked how you used google to quote a word. can you do that for the definition for terrorism more often? thanks. you and your friends seem to forget and don't understand where it exists (mostly your government, police, etc).

some of the history of objectivity from a chris hedges article:

Reporters who witness the worst of human suffering and return to newsrooms angry see their compassion washed out or severely muted by the layers of editors who stand between the reporter and the reader. The creed of objectivity and balance, formulated at the beginning of the 19th century by newspaper owners to generate greater profits from advertisers, disarms and cripples the press.

And the creed of objectivity becomes a convenient and profitable vehicle to avoid confronting unpleasant truths or angering a power structure on which news organizations depend for access and profits. This creed transforms reporters into neutral observers or voyeurs. It banishes empathy, passion and a quest for justice. Reporters are permitted to watch but not to feel or to speak in their own voices. They function as “professionals” and see themselves as dispassionate and disinterested social scientists. This vaunted lack of bias, enforced by bloodless hierarchies of bureaucrats, is the disease of American journalism.

“The very notion that on any given story all you have to do is report what both sides say and you’ve done a fine job of objective journalism debilitates the press,” the late columnist Molly Ivins once wrote. “There is no such thing as objectivity, and the truth, that slippery little bugger, has the oddest habit of being way to hell off on one side or the other: it seldom nestles neatly halfway between any two opposing points of view. The smug complacency of much of the press—I have heard many an editor say, ‘Well, we’re being attacked by both sides so we must be right’—stems from the curious notion that if you get a quote from both sides, preferably in an official position, you’ve done the job. In the first place, most stories aren’t two-sided, they’re 17-sided at least. In the second place, it’s of no help to either the readers or the truth to quote one side saying, ‘Cat,’ and the other side saying ‘Dog,’ while the truth is there’s an elephant crashing around out there in the bushes.”

oldngray

nowhere special
hey i really liked how you used google to quote a word. can you do that for the definition for terrorism more often? thanks. you and your friends seem to forget and don't understand where it exists (mostly your government, police, etc).

some of the history of objectivity from a chris hedges article:

Reporters who witness the worst of human suffering and return to newsrooms angry see their compassion washed out or severely muted by the layers of editors who stand between the reporter and the reader. The creed of objectivity and balance, formulated at the beginning of the 19th century by newspaper owners to generate greater profits from advertisers, disarms and cripples the press.

And the creed of objectivity becomes a convenient and profitable vehicle to avoid confronting unpleasant truths or angering a power structure on which news organizations depend for access and profits. This creed transforms reporters into neutral observers or voyeurs. It banishes empathy, passion and a quest for justice. Reporters are permitted to watch but not to feel or to speak in their own voices. They function as “professionals” and see themselves as dispassionate and disinterested social scientists. This vaunted lack of bias, enforced by bloodless hierarchies of bureaucrats, is the disease of American journalism.

“The very notion that on any given story all you have to do is report what both sides say and you’ve done a fine job of objective journalism debilitates the press,” the late columnist Molly Ivins once wrote. “There is no such thing as objectivity, and the truth, that slippery little bugger, has the oddest habit of being way to hell off on one side or the other: it seldom nestles neatly halfway between any two opposing points of view. The smug complacency of much of the press—I have heard many an editor say, ‘Well, we’re being attacked by both sides so we must be right’—stems from the curious notion that if you get a quote from both sides, preferably in an official position, you’ve done the job. In the first place, most stories aren’t two-sided, they’re 17-sided at least. In the second place, it’s of no help to either the readers or the truth to quote one side saying, ‘Cat,’ and the other side saying ‘Dog,’ while the truth is there’s an elephant crashing around out there in the bushes.”

Actually I didn't use "google" I used a different search engine. Which shows what happens when you assume.

And your source is Hedges again? That is your biggest problem. You only use a couple of sources and base your entire doctrine upon what those few people say. NOT objective.

rickyb

How does it feel to be a citizen of a country that has killed so many innocent men, women and children?
terrible, all countries are probably guilty, but not equally guilty. im working on my EU dual citizenship. i really dont like my country because i dont like the culture (people are conformists , have low expectations), and we seem less civilized than the europeans, but certainly more civilized than the americans.

rickyb

Actually I didn't use "google" I used a different search engine. Which shows what happens when you assume.

And your source is Hedges again? That is your biggest problem. You only use a couple of sources and base your entire doctrine upon what those few people say. NOT objective.
the fact that i cant even name any of your sources tells me that you dont really have any. i mean, show me some recent posts you did quoting someone lol

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
terrible, all countries are probably guilty, but not equally guilty. im working on my EU dual citizenship. i really dont like my country because i dont like the culture (people are conformists , have low expectations), and we seem less civilized than the europeans, but certainly more civilized than the americans.
You won't like it in Europe either.

They are gearing up for the biggest religious war in 1000 years.

On second thought, I say go for it.

rickyb

I prefer to read a wide variety of sources then form my own opinions. Not mindlessly parrot what other people say.
so you just arbitarily read a bunch of different sources? it can be anyone and you will listen to what they have to say lol. how do you know they are not liars or medicore journalists like so many out there?

i dont waste my time with that, i only will use a source or listen to someone if they were referenced by someone else i trust.

rickyb

You won't like it in Europe either.

They are gearing up for the biggest religious war in 1000 years.

On second thought, I say go for it.
and you guys arent wrestling with your own fascism? your country can probably handle 1 more financial crisis or terrorist attack before it totally breaks down into some kind of fascist police state where certain minorities are being targeted by the white racists.

at least in EU they have certain protections for their citizens.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
and you guys arent wrestling with your own fascism? your country can probably handle 1 more financial crisis or terrorist attack before it totally breaks down into some kind of fascist police state where certain minorities are being targeted by the white racists.

at least in EU they have certain protections for their citizens.
You are 100% certifiable.