Residential or Business Stop?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
colbert-popcorn.gif

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Agree with others.Show up about 9 at night in your street clothes and walk right in,no knock,and ask to buy whatever they sell. If they call the police on you,it's a residence. If they "service" you,make it your lunch spot.

centinel

First, any idea how to correct the subject line?
Person on a complaint site runs a Business out of their home.
Complaining he gets his deliveries late every day.
Considering he has houses all around him, it is Residential Delivery and not a Business delivery?

My management team has told our drivers that if the consignee lives there it's a residence and to sheet accordingly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My management team has told our drivers that if the consignee lives there it's a residence and to sheet accordingly.

99.9% of the time this would be correct; however, if there is a separate entrance with posted business hours, deliveries to that entrance would be commercial.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's residential until there is a claim. Then it suddenly becomes a commercial stop. Just as always, it's the drivers fault.

rorojo

99.9% of the time this would be correct; however, if there is a separate entrance with posted business hours, deliveries to that entrance would be commercial.
Apparently you missed the training module a few months back if some one lives there it's a resi the only exception is apt office's.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Apparently you missed the training module a few months back if some one lives there it's a resi the only exception is apt office's.

I didn't miss anything.

If there is a house with one address with a business in the garage that has a separate address and/or posted hours and a public entrance than any deliveries to the garage would be considered commercial.

Coalminer2005

First, any idea how to correct the subject line?
Person on a complaint site runs a Business out of their home.
Complaining he gets his deliveries late every day.
Considering he has houses all around him, it is Residential Delivery and not a Business delivery?
If they live there it's a residence and is treated as such.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I didn't miss anything.

If there is a house with one address with a business in the garage that has a separate address and/or posted hours and a public entrance than any deliveries to the garage would be considered commercial.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Read the ups website and terms of service regarding this.