Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
There is a computer report that breaks down each drivers day by everything he does. All you have to do is analyze the report and you cab figure out if the driver is sticking it to you. I've seen management lie & berate employee's. That's the worst I can remember off the top of my head.
Does that report tell you if the load sucks?

Maybe the driver is hunting for packages that were just thrown in the car?

Dr.Brownz

\
And many of these things and plenty of others are all stuff that management will turn a blind eye to until they feel like the District manager has put you on the radar and ordered them to fire you.

Again, I personally have been fired for a customer complaint.

We also currently have a driver that has been fired for three weeks for a customer complaint.

What happened at panel?

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a computer report that breaks down each drivers day by everything he does. All you have to do is analyze the report and you cab figure out if the driver is sticking it to you. I've seen management lie & berate employee's. That's the worst I can remember off the top of my head.

Does this magic computer report take into consideration such things as traffic, weather, locating strange stops, dealing with pissed off customers, trying to find a safe place to park, looking for a safe driver release location, dealing with dogs that won't let you near a house----I could go on and on but you get the idea. UPS should get down on their knees and thank god they get the production they do out of the drivers even though for the most part they are fed up with the whole program. How many times did you actually tell one of your troops they were doing a good job---I bet it wasn't many if at all.

OldMan

Does this magic computer report take into consideration such things as traffic, weather, locating strange stops, dealing with :censored2: off customers, trying to find a safe place to park, looking for a safe driver release location, dealing with dogs that won't let you near a house----I could go on and on but you get the idea. UPS should get down on their knees and thank god they get the production they do out of the drivers even though for the most part they are fed up with the whole program. How many times did you actually tell one of your troops they were doing a good job---I bet it wasn't many if at all.
That's what helped make me successful. I drove so I know the problems drivers face. I also know these issues don't happen day after day and yes, I did tell people when they did a good job. Most would come into my office everyday to see how they did. Let me ask you a question. Do you always make excuses? Do you ever have a good day? Wait, let me answer my own questions. NO!

OldMan

Does that report tell you if the load sucks?

Maybe the driver is hunting for packages that were just thrown in the car?
That is a problem. If a driver told me he was having load quality problems I would address them. I held my people accountable to do their jobs and in return I expected them to hold me accountable to provide them with the tools to be successful.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's what helped make me successful. I drove so I know the problems drivers face. I also know these issues don't happen day after day and yes, I did tell people when they did a good job. Most would come into my office everyday to see how they did. Let me ask you a question. Do you always make excuses? Do you ever have a good day? Wait, let me answer my own questions. NO!
He's retired with a cushy government part time job.
He is very bitter as you noticed and has authority issues.
But basically a decent old fart.

ArcherUTR

\

What happened at panel?

I didn't go to panel took a week off unpaid.

Saw the other guy this morning in street clothes waiting around the center, probably a 20 year driver. Last I heard he was going to be allowed to move inside the hub after completing sensitivity training.

rod

Retired 22 years

I think I'm breaking another one

Dr.Brownz

I didn't go to panel took a week off unpaid.

Saw the other guy this morning in street clothes waiting around the center, probably a 20 year driver. Last I heard he was going to be allowed to move inside the hub after completing sensitivity training.

Why no backpay!?

His complaint must have been something rather colorful not the standard "your driver was rushing me and rude"

ArcherUTR

I was much younger. Probably my 2nd year of driving.

The other driver I don't want to get too much into because I don't want to identify my center and I don't know the whole truth, but some men chose not to use their brain for decision making...

rod

Retired 22 years
He's retired with a cushy government part time job.
He is very bitter as you noticed and has authority issues.
But basically a decent old fart.

Photog I respect you even if you are the worst mod ever. I won't argue with you on the authority issues or old fart or cushy gov. job ------come to think of it I won't even argue the bitter part either. After 30 years of being told most every day what a slug I was its only natural to be a little bitter. I have always despised (maybe that's too harsh of word)--how about not respected anyone who sat in an air-condition/heated office and looked at a frigging piece of paper and had the nerve to tell me I was screwing them. Old Man is fast becoming another Integrity or worse yet -Tieguy

O

OLDMAN3

Rod,
Your comments are spot on.
The sad thing is that the Old Man does not even realize how disrespectful he has been on this thread.

BrownTexas

I often wondered why people cared what other people are doing. You are just the type of person that make other people not want to be in a Union which is not good in this day & age. What do you think the Union needs most to survive? The answer is Membership fees & Dues. With almost half the state passing "right to work laws" this is going to hit the Unions hard when new employees don't have to be part of the Union. Where do you think the Teamsters get most of their money from? It's from the Part-Time turnover. If these people last a month the Union still gets their membership fees. Those of you who support unions, and I am one of them, need to start taking a look at the big picture. Unions are a dying breed in the US. You need to get your member involved in a positive way. Times are changing & you need to change with the times.
So I'm the jerk for telling complaining employees that what management is doing violates a contract set forth by the union and teamsters? I'm a jerk for educating people on what to do to make management not run them over? I'm worried about others because the way society is now people are all about themselves, and if we don't stand united as a front then we will be crushed by corporate creed. People that don't care about us or our families at all and only making more money that they could spend in a lifetime. If I'm a "cancer" I hope I spread like wildfire and there isn't any drug you can take for me.

Last edited:

OldMan

So I'm the jerk for telling complaining employees that what management is doing violates a contract set forth by the union and teamsters? I'm a jerk for educating people on what to do to make management not run them over? I'm worried about others because the way society is now people are all about themselves, and if we don't stand united as a front then we will be crushed by corporate creed. People that don't care about us or our families at all and only making more money that they could spend in a lifetime. If I'm a "cancer" I hope I spread like wildfire and there isn't any drug you can take for me.
Then why don't you become a supervisor to help make it a better place? I'll tell you why, you're at your happiest when you have something to complain about. You'll come up with every lame excuse in the book to not accept that responsibility. I have always felt sorry for people like you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No, you are a jerk because you are a jerk?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Photog I respect you even if you are the worst mod ever. I won't argue with you on the authority issues or old fart or cushy gov. job ------come to think of it I won't even argue the bitter part either. After 30 years of being told most every day what a slug I was its only natural to be a little bitter. I have always despised (maybe that's too harsh of word)--how about not respected anyone who sat in an air-condition/heated office and looked at a frigging piece of paper and had the nerve to tell me I was screwing them. Old Man is fast becoming another Integrity or worse yet -Tieguy
I think I saw hints on Integrity as I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.

However, you hosers are the ones falling for his shtick.
MN is really part of Canada, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.