Retirement Diet

smurfybrown

happily retired
My neighbor has cattle. All prime , high dollar , and grass fed . He has rich people from from all over the country that only eat what he raises on his farm . I can have all I want for nothin' . When we all cookout .. I'm eatin' veggie burgers from Kroger . Killer .
Og
Organic and grass-fed is the way to go. I bought a side of grass-fed, it came to $5.67 per lb, seems expensive for ground beef, but the ribeye and porterhouses only cost that also. Pay upfront for good nutrition, or pay later for medical issues, I have come to believe. Grass-fed beef is a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, iron. Vegan is good when it's a whole-foods approach, but I know a couple vegans who think it's OK to eat potato chips, oreos, coca-cola. haha

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The protein and carbs ( necessary )come from a variety of sources besides meat. On occasion (rare ), I do the grass fed. My neighbor has the farm. You are spot on about the additives and fast food.
Meat & dairy are guaranteed artery cloggers.
Fruits is the sugar fix.
My wife is really why I am into it. She is the one who started all this. We're having fun with it.
The probiotics for the gut is really more advantages for the immune system I think.
Maybe your hubby will come around.. best of luck to you!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Og
Organic and grass-fed is the way to go. I bought a side of grass-fed, it came to $5.67 per lb, seems expensive for ground beef, but the ribeye and porterhouses only cost that also. Pay upfront for good nutrition, or pay later for medical issues, I have come to believe. Grass-fed beef is a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, iron. Vegan is good when it's a whole-foods approach, but I know a couple vegans who think it's OK to eat potato chips, oreos, coca-cola. haha
I've done the Coke & chips. And the cookies, too.( as long as its not meat Haha) I guess if you figured a percentage of my diet, that stuff would probably about 1%...Whole foods happens at our house. You must be dedicated to turn it down 100% of the time.