Retirement Diet

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I have seen several comments about gaining weight in retirement , getting the gut , etc. Staying in shape was no problem while working for sure , but going from 100 mph to 0 overnight has its disadvantages .
I have been out 8 years now and have always laughed at diets and the latest fads about how to loose weight , etc.
I have always exercised , biked , walked , swam , but always stayed at the same weight , gaining a pound or two over the years.
My wife has always "watched " her weight . She weighs 8 pounds more than she did when we got married 38 years ago , she is at 130 lbs. Her secret.. vegetarian .
I have always ate whatever I wanted , when I wanted , till my belly was full .
I decided to try her hippie diet 2 months ago . I weighed 227 when I started this and morning I am at 207. 20 lbs in 2 months. I never did anything but change what I eat.
She says the loss will probably slow way down now to about a pound or so a month. My body is just now getting "flushed out".
I have to say , I feel good and have ate till I am full each time. I just haven't had any meat or dairy . Pretty wild .
Congrats on feeling good and embracing the diet. Meat is kinda like a silent addiction. I can go without for 1-2 weeks but damn..once I try a nice juicy steak my appetite is voracious. I don't mind substituting lentils or mushrooms for meat, and I really like chickpeas. You should try eggplant meatballs with pasta if you can take the carbs. It was surprisingly satisfying

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Congrats on feeling good and embracing the diet. Meat is kinda like a silent addiction. I can go without for 1-2 weeks but damn..once I try a nice juicy steak my appetite is voracious. I don't mind substituting lentils or mushrooms for meat, and I really like chickpeas. You should try eggplant meatballs with pasta if you can take the carbs. It was surprisingly satisfying
Thanks -- Carbs are a go and the eggplant works... I was a meat and potato guy forever . Like you , it was a silent addiction . Once every couple of weeks or so , the steak dinner is not going to effect the numbers . For me now surprisingly , I can treat it like the special occasion it is and not fall back into the habit . The no dairy is what is tough . X cheese hound . When you stop working , things change . If I would have listened to my wife , I would have done this long before now and been better for it .

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I live off of cheeseburgers and popsicyles
My neighbor has cattle. All prime , high dollar , and grass fed . He has rich people from from all over the country that only eat what he raises on his farm . I can have all I want for nothin' . When we all cookout .. I'm eatin' veggie burgers from Kroger . Killer .

Indecisi0n

Question for you guys. Is it a lot easier to clean your teeth when you have the ability to lay them in the driveway and power wash them?

satellitedriver

Don't you old people just live off pudding and jello?
After spending 10 days in the hospital after having half my colon removed I was placed on a liquid diet via IV, no water or food, orally, I decided that fasting was not best the way to lose weight. I lost 20lbs from 175 to 155. I retired 3yrs later and I gained weight up to 195lbs.
So, I changed my diet to light beer. Now I am 180lbs and I attribute it to my specialized diet.
BBQ.

Beef Beer Quantity.
Life is too short to worry about how long you are going to live.

rickyb

Haven't done the fast thing yet but have been reading a lot about it .
Just got the results of my yearly physical . ALL my numbers dramatically changed . Bad cholesterol from 130 down to 80 .Total cholesterol from 240 down to 161 . Weight is staying steady at 200. Just walking and eating like a tree hugger .
check out nutritionaction as well. theyre not necessarily vegetarian, but they do have a calorie density graph somewhere where suprise suprise, the lowest calories foods are fruits and veggies.

they also got something on there called `chemical cuisine`` where they rate all the additives that are put in food.

basically you want to avoid added sugars, and just add fruit yourself to foods that need sweetness.

i eat tacos because you can really load them up with veggies and your not getting too much salt with the wrap.

35years

Gravy route
I live off of cheeseburgers and popsicyles

Wolfman?
upload_2018-2-15_23-40-27.jpeg