Reward for calling in ????

GolfCart

I am a nice guy. That's why I'll stand up to you running your mouth about something that you have no business being in or posting on the internet. And I was driving trucks when your daddy said "You're what?!!!" to your mommy.

Nice guy, FUNNY ,

OK .... what is her name ? What hub do I work at ? How many days has she taken off or called in ? Is she white , black , or ????? What is my bosses name ? What union number am I ? HA ! Got ya !

There is NO problem taking about a problem at a work place , NO names, NO towns , nothing to ever get anyone in trouble . Its just talk ............... so chill out Mr nice guy . I guess I need to add you to my signature line :)

OptimusPrime

I find it interesting anytime an FMLA issue is brought up here, 99% of the time, seems to involve "she" or "her". In my mind, if a male driver tried to pull these types of shenanigans, he would quickly find himself under some heavy pressure.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I see people that go home so much they have more absences than someone using FMLA. I still get my check on Friday wether she shows or not, doesn't effect me one way or the other. Don't let it bother you, you'll have less stress.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has anyone checked her facebook page? People who are active on social networks tend to reveal more of themselves than they should. I know of two cases locally where people lost their jobs over what they had posted on facebook. One of them had called in sick three days in a row and then posted pictures of themself while on vacation in Florida on those same three days. The other had also called in sick and posted similar pics.

GolfCart

Has anyone checked her facebook page? People who are active on social networks tend to reveal more of themselves than they should. I know of two cases locally where people lost their jobs over what they had posted on facebook. One of them had called in sick three days in a row and then posted pictures of themself while on vacation in Florida on those same three days. The other had also called in sick and posted similar pics.

I would never want ANYONE to loose thier job , because of something I did . Me talking about some random girl in the world , will never get her in trouble .
BUT , I would be careful if I was her , UPS is a evil place and they never forget what you have done to them in the past !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would never want ANYONE to loose thier job , because of something I did . Me talking about some random girl in the world , will never get her in trouble .
BUT , I would be careful if I was her , UPS is a evil place and they never forget what you have done to them in the past !

If she were to lose her job it would be due to her own stupidity, not because of something you did.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Going home because they asked if you want to go , is very different than leaving a route sitting with NO driver .
The end result is the same unless you are management, it effects the driver very little unless you're mad she's going home and you're not.

GolfCart

The end result is the same unless you are management, it effects the driver very little unless you're mad she's going home and you're not.

not always , my buddies on the side of town she runs has to help the cover drivers out , becasue they started at 10:00 instead of 9 ( they got called into work ) .

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
not always , my buddies on the side of town she runs has to help the cover drivers out , becasue they started at 10:00 instead of 9 ( they got called into work ) .
And they got paid for working also right? I'm still trying to see where any of this effects you personally.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And they got paid for working also right? I'm still trying to see where any of this effects you personally.

Suppose one of your kid's had a ball game and if you ran just your route you would be able to make the game; however, now you have to go help another driver--this is how it would affect you personally.

I fully support those who legitimatly (sp?) use FMLA.

I don't feel the same for those who abuse FMLA and leaves mgt and the rest of his/her loop to pick up the pieces.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Suppose one of your kid's had a ball game and if you ran just your route you would be able to make the game; however, now you have to go help another driver--this is how it would affect you personally.

I fully support those who legitimatly (sp?) use FMLA.

I don't feel the same for those who abuse FMLA and leaves mgt and the rest of his/her loop to pick up the pieces.
Being a driver also, you know planning anything that has a time commitment after work isn't a good idea. Secondly, he already admitted it was his buddies, not him, effected. They are big boys, if it bothers them then they can address the concern with management. Lastly, we don't know if this woman has real issues or not, we are going by what someone that, IMHO, seems upset over something that isn't his problem. She may have legitment issues and the OP could be pissed she's going home and he isn't. We just don't know, but the fact remains either way he's not effected so let management deal with it and he needs to let it go.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Having, recently, had to deal with FMLA issues and knowing another driver that has FMLA and has constant rumors going around about that particular drivers alleged abuse of FMLA, I understand the issues. My need for FMLA was a short term need. The other drivers need is long term. Permanent long term. The alleged abuse is none of my business but I do know that this driver has a legitimate need for FMLA.

BrownIE is right in that the company has absolutely no position in this. The ONLY thing the company can do is accommodate the FMLA regardless of suspected abuse. And wait for the FMLA to run out. It would seem obvious to me that this person does have a need for the FMLA. I can't see a doctor risking signing off on the FMLA forms without legitimate cause. I would think doing so would put their medical license in jeopardy.

Goochy - regardless of your position on the FMLA issue, you really have no right in speaking for this other driver. It really is none of your business. I've read your posts and I can't help but take into consideration your signature line, "I hate my job.". Though you seem to be understanding of this other driver in some posts, you also seem to have a very negative attitude towards the situation. The fact (if indeed this is accurate - not saying that it isn't) that a sup is sending this driver home will cost the sup far more than just a days wages for violating the FMLA. It may very well cost the sup their job. Don't screw with the Federal government. It's not worth it. I agree with Dave, in the end it would not be your fault if she lost her job and UPS, if serious about finding a way to get rid of her, will do so for some reason other than abusing FMLA. Cache takes the FMLA to heart and as such I understand what he is saying. Without going into any details, he has been threatened over his use of FMLA. He takes that personally.

Jack - the 'boys' can address the issue with the sup all they want. They will get nowhere with it. The only thing and the best thing to do is as Cache said. Stay out of it. In the end it is none of their business and any sup worth a damn will tell them exactly the same thing.

GolfCart

Have you never , just wanted to go home after your 10 hr day? I just think its crazy to reward someone for calling in all the time FMLA or NO FMLA . No personal efect on me , I just work there .

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have you never , just wanted to go home after your 10 hr day? I just think its crazy to reward someone for calling in all the time FMLA or NO FMLA . No personal efect on me , I just work there .
There is nothing wrong with being irritated about it, but there is nothing you can do.

GolfCart

:panicsmiley: why don't we just lock this post then , because everyone has different opinions . Everyone at my hub is sick of it , NOT just me . It effects every person in the hub , when routes are sitting with no driver . Also sucks when drivers are sent out blind . And YES , I do HATE MY JOB , but I do a great job for UPS , so my boss can not touch me ( yet ) .

I am sick of talking about this ................. lets just lock this post down nothing good is coming from it .

UnconTROLLed

perfection
:panicsmiley: why don't we just lock this post then , because everyone has different opinions . Everyone at my hub is sick of it , NOT just me . It effects every person in the hub , when routes are sitting with no driver . Also sucks when drivers are sent out blind . And YES , I do HATE MY JOB , but I do a great job for UPS , so my boss can not touch me ( yet ) .

I am sick of talking about this ................. lets just lock this post down nothing good is coming from it .

Wow, just wow.
Yeah, let's lock the thread because people's opinions differ and not everyone is rushing to your defense and sympathetic.