Roadie.........

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
How is the union not all up UPS's *** over this??

"Finally, he spoke about Roadie, an Uber-like service through which private passenger vehicles and drivers are used to deliver packages. The company received funding from UPS, as the Atlanta Business Journal reported in 2015. Capozzoli described it as an experiment for the company and a service that it's very interested in monitoring."

extranatty

Well, first of all, this union doesn't care.

But there's nothing wrong with Roadie. You get paid $250 to take a heavy package from NJ to Texas. You can pick up more EREGS along the way and have a free road trip. I hope the app gets popular.

But no one who uses this app can possibly compete with the UPS logistic network. You're lucky to break even. 4 days and 2000 miles for what, $700 optimistically? UPS invested in it for hopes of reducing the EREG load and making our jobs easier. So what is the problem? Is it fundamental; ie. people should not be able to choose whose services they use?

oldschool

But there's nothing wrong with Roadie. You get paid $250 to take a heavy package from NJ to Texas. You can pick up more EREGS along the way and have a free road trip. I hope the app gets popular.

But no one who uses this app can possibly compete with the UPS logistic network. You're lucky to break even. 4 days and 2000 miles for what, $700 optimistically? UPS invested in it for hopes of reducing the EREG load and making our jobs easier. So what is the problem? Is it fundamental; ie. people should not be able to choose whose services they use?
I have discussed the investment in Roadie (at least 25 million so far) with management. UPS did not invest in Roadie to lower the amount of eregs. UPS is going to use there app with people delivering out of there personal vehicles at peak. Supposedly, the union has agreed that they will be classified as seasonal drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

that is not at all what Roadie is going to do, also it's Irreg, as in Irregular sized package, not EREG

A

Article 3

I have discussed the investment in Roadie (at least 25 million so far) with management. UPS did not invest in Roadie to lower the amount of eregs. UPS is going to use there app with people delivering out of there personal vehicles at peak. Supposedly, the union has agreed that they will be classified as seasonal drivers.
At what pay rate?
Last year the company put seasonal drivers in golf carts to deliver and called them "helpers" at regular helper pay. I'm guessing they meshed their hours and production with that area's driver in the computer exempting their driven miles.

They drove a delivery vehicle, delivered pkgs out of it and got paid helpers wages.

Feel the love.

P.S./ The local union allowed that to happen. It's all about money, not "worker's rights" nor is it about fighting for the blue collar workers.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
At what pay rate?
Last year the company put seasonal drivers in golf carts to deliver and called them "helpers" at regular helper pay. I'm guessing they meshed their hours and production with that area's driver in the computer exempting their driven miles.

They drove a delivery vehicle, delivered pkgs out of it and got paid helpers wages.

Feel the love.

P.S./ The local union allowed that to happen. It's all about money, not "worker's rights" nor is it about fighting for the blue collar workers.
Which local?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If you post a picture of your credit card on here I'll tell you what local. Is that a deal?
IMG_0301.JPG

Deal!
But I'm guessing it's local 89

oldschool

that is not at all what Roadie is going to do, also it's Irreg, as in Irregular sized package, not EREG
I never said that is what Roadie is going to do. It's what UPS is going to do using Roadie technology. It was Beta tested last year. I was told their pay rate was $18.75, but I have no way of confirming that. Just quoting what management has let out so far.

542thruNthru

Our local has been allowing golf carts for the last 5 years maybe longer. A driver drops the packages off in the morning at a garage or storage unit. Then a helper (usually a inside employee) comes and delivers them.

A

Article 3

Our local has been allowing golf carts for the last 5 years maybe longer. A driver drops the packages off in the morning at a garage or storage unit. Then a helper (usually a inside employee) comes and delivers them.
A helper DRIVES.
At helper (non driving) pay.
Then they mesh the two boards together like the helper was on car with you.
With the unions blessings.
At a time of year when the money is not a problem.
Weak.