Safety Compliance.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Just back from worker's comp Dr. Thinks my achille's is tendonitis and referred me for an MRI for my pinched nerve in my back. No light duty, as of yet. Also referred me for physical therapy for both issues. Gave me the usual anti-inflamatory meds and muscle relaxers. Steve don't do meds, sorry!

Talked to my supe about his on the grass infraction. He told me shortest point to the door, which is what I will do from now on. Forgot to mention that he crossed in front and behind the pkg car and I'll ask him about that one tomorrow, as I reem him about his seatbelt, LOL.:wink2:

Supes not happy about me going to the Dr on "perfect service, perfect safety" Monday.

Then mayby sup shouldnt have had you wait to fill out report.

Mayby sup should have let you go home that day instead of having someone ride with you.

i hope you will heal fully, does tendenitous heal?

At least you can hopefully work inside steve, i have not been able to since sept because mine is not work related.

that was ok at first but im sick of bieng home and i am missing the paycheck.

Keep us informed stug

Just back from worker's comp Dr. Thinks my achille's is tendonitis and referred me for an MRI for my pinched nerve in my back. No light duty, as of yet. Also referred me for physical therapy for both issues. Gave me the usual anti-inflamatory meds and muscle relaxers. Steve don't do meds, sorry!

Talked to my supe about his on the grass infraction. He told me shortest point to the door, which is what I will do from now on. Forgot to mention that he crossed in front and behind the pkg car and I'll ask him about that one tomorrow, as I reem him about his seatbelt, LOL.:wink2:

Supes not happy about me going to the Dr on "perfect service, perfect safety" Monday.
Sups will never be happy about you going to the doctor regardless of why, what, how or when. It's the nature of that beast.

Don't get in too big of a hurry to get started on the PT. It took nearly three weeks to get mine approved by Liberty Mutual. It took them 25 calender days to get a case worker assigned and for them to call me to get my recorded statement. Still haven't received any compensation as yet, not that it's that big of a deal so far. But, there is such a thing as principle.

Steve, the last thing you want to do, is rush your return to full duty. Make sure you are 100% before going back, you could do much more damage if you go back too soon. One thing you will find out, it's gonna take you longer to heal from this than it would have 5-10 years ago. That time increases exponentially as the years slip away.

local804

Told not to walk across lawn from safety committee and supervisors due to injuries in the past. Different strokes for different folks and different rules across the buildings.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sups will never be happy about you going to the doctor regardless of why, what, how or when. It's the nature of that beast.

Don't get in too big of a hurry to get started on the PT. It took nearly three weeks to get mine approved by Liberty Mutual. It took them 25 calender days to get a case worker assigned and for them to call me to get my recorded statement. Still haven't received any compensation as yet, not that it's that big of a deal so far. But, there is such a thing as principle.

Steve, the last thing you want to do, is rush your return to full duty. Make sure you are 100% before going back, you could do much more damage if you go back too soon. One thing you will find out, it's gonna take you longer to heal from this than it would have 5-10 years ago. That time increases exponentially as the years slip away.

That's a bit depressing, the way you say, slip away. I prefer, as I get older and wiser, LOL.

Told not to walk across lawn from safety committee and supervisors due to injuries in the past. Different strokes for different folks and different rules across the buildings.

Sometimes I feel like we're franchised. I mean with all the different rules and contracts.:dissapointed:

Hi, Hoax. How are you today? I do hope that you are having a good day. I hope you are able to take your bike out for a ride this week. Have a good day. Dave.

The kinder/gentler, upstate?

Steve, sorry if I made it sound depressing. Just pointing out the obvious.
Another thing to keep in mind. If you know you are going to be out for two-three or more weeks, call the union and take out a temp withdrawal card till you return to full duty. The only thing that does is save you from having to pay dues while on comp. Talk to your BA about this.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by trplnkl
One thing you will find out, it's gonna take you longer to heal from this than it would have 5-10 years ago. That time increases exponentially as the years slip away.
That's a bit depressing, the way you say, slip away. I prefer, as I get older and wiser, LOL.

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away

God only knows, God makes his plan
The information's unavailable to the mortal man
Were working our jobs, collect our pay
Believe were gliding down the highway, when in fact were slip sliding away.

Now you fully depressed?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Got a call from my On-Road at around 5;30pm. Says I need to report to the pre-load in the morning. Says Dr's work release note was too vague and I wouldn't be allowed to drive. Dr wrote that I could return to normal duty, but should be allowed to sit when needed. Note was addended to read, should be able to sit for 1/2 hour, as needed. Recheck appt is in 2 weeks.

So for the next 2 weeks I'll be doing the preload/reload.:surprised:

rod

Retired 22 years
Got a call from my On-Road at around 5;30pm. Says I need to report to the pre-load in the morning. Says Dr's work release note was too vague and I wouldn't be allowed to drive. Dr wrote that I could return to normal duty, but should be allowed to sit when needed. Note was addended to read, should be able to sit for 1/2 hour, as needed. Recheck appt is in 2 weeks.

Consider yourself lucky (?). If you got injured at my old center they would tell you good bye- don't come back until the company doctor releases you as 100% injury free. They don't do light duty or shorter hours.

There should be weight and time restrictions also. Or is walking the only thing you have trouble doing without increased pain? Most back problems have at least a weight restriction. I know in our center, if you have a 20 lb limit, they'll(management) tell you." awwww, it's only 25 lbs. you can do it". They have been notorious for trying to go beyond what the doc says. I even had to sign a paper saying that it was MY responsibility to adhere to the doc's orders. So I do no more than he said.