San Diego routes

sandwich

The resident gearhead
A guy I worked with showed me a picture from his buddy in a San Jose station, his power pad said 60 p1 and 186 p2 on his route one day last week lol
I don't know how a delivery driver can live in the bay area. It is so crazy expensive up there. So cal is bad but bay area is even worse.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Still sounds kind of hard. Did you transfer on your first try?
Its not hard dude. Just put down a couple buildings and wait for the call. It basically went like this. Hr called me in September and said hey it looks like your 3rd on the list for your transfer to seattle. If the 2 guys above you say no then its your turn. So go home and talk to your wife. She said if they ask us lets do it. Lets move. Sure enough by Friday the 2 guys ahead of me said no so I said yes. They said ok your start is xXxX here is your new centers phone number. I called the new center manager said welcome aboard would you like an extra week or two to get things in a row. I said yes. They gave me a few weeks and now here I am up in washington. You keep your top rate you just go to the top rate of whatever building you transfer to.

San Diego and surrounding areas are so expensive you won't be able to live off your pay at fedex. You will need a second job.
So this maybe a dumb question then. How does one express driver live off their salary in SD. You literally have to have a full time job and part time ?

I'm a ups driver. Born and raised in orange county which is just above San Diego county. I just transferred away from orange county up to Washington state because it was getting so expensive. Don't do it. The weather is nice in the winter. Waaaaay too hot in the summer the sun beats you down 9 months out of the year. Its too expensive and the cheaper areas away from the coast are crappy and not so cheap anymore.
That's kinda what I'm afraid of. I've heard of cheaper places to live such as riverside county but even rental prices there are high.

does you married? Does your spouse work?
She does but we're not married no kids and I make more then she does. So I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and assume a express salary won't get me very far. I'm aware of the rental prices in sd have a buddy of mine that lives there. I've just heard from our senior manager that if you obviously transfer to a place where the cost of living is more you'll obv make more. Just am curious how much could a express driver in sd make.

Perhaps you should.

Have you considered the Carolinas? Growing area with reasonable cost of living with much more comfortable weather than Cuse.
I have considered Carolina. That as well as New Mexico Arizona places with warmer climates that could provide me with a steady route. I'm not a fan of rural routes and unfortunately that's pretty much the only opportunities I will have a shot at getting a route at my station.