San Diego routes

I'd be all over that rural route you seem to hate. Heavy routes will break your body down pretty quick imo. You can listen to podcasts all day etc. on a rural rte. At least that's what I'd be doing.

Also I would definitely look harder at the Carolinas. I was visiting fam in NC recently and visited a station near where they live (about 40 minutes away from Charlotte) I could totally see myself working/living out there. WAY CHEAPER and pretty pretttty nice. I'm in California btw. :censored2: is too expensive if you work at FedEx and are the breadwinner. I've been eyeballing the Carolinas for a while, it's on my radar, I just need to pull the trigger.
As far as myself rural routes wear me out more. Too much window time. Too much time driving in between stops. It's nice every once in a while I just can't see myself wanting a rural route permanently. I myself am more of a mover and like to shoot the crap with ppl on the go. I guess I'm just looking for my place somewhere where I can meet those expectations of that kind of a route. Where the climate doesn't destroy your body like this upstate ny weather.

Express Courier

As far as myself rural routes wear me out more. Too much window time. Too much time driving in between stops. It's nice every once in a while I just can't see myself wanting a rural route permanently. I myself am more of a mover and like to shoot the crap with ppl on the go. I guess I'm just looking for my place somewhere where I can meet those expectations of that kind of a route. Where the climate doesn't destroy your body like this upstate ny weather.
Gotcha.

We have complete opposite work personalities lol. I'd get burnt on all that small talk BS. It was ok when I was a swing tho since I'd be moving to different areas all the time.

MAKAVELI

I'd be all over that rural route you seem to hate. Heavy routes will break your body down pretty quick imo. You can listen to podcasts all day etc. on a rural rte. At least that's what I'd be doing.

Also I would definitely look harder at the Carolinas. I was visiting fam in NC recently and visited a station near where they live (about 40 minutes away from Charlotte) I could totally see myself working/living out there. WAY CHEAPER and pretty pretttty nice. I'm in California btw. :censored2: is too expensive if you work at FedEx and are the breadwinner. I've been eyeballing the Carolinas for a while, it's on my radar, I just need to pull the trigger.
Hot humid summers, hurricanes and a backwards culture. What's not to like?;)

Express Courier

Hot humid summers, hurricanes and a backwards culture. What's not to like?;)
Yeah that swampass would suck at times in the summer but not if I'm on a rural route with that AC pumpin all day. ;)

Also, where I would transfer is way inland, hurricane wouldn't blow my house down or anything lol.

MAKAVELI

Yeah that swampass would suck at times in the summer but not if I'm on a rural route with that AC pumpin all day. ;)

Also, where I would transfer is way inland, hurricane wouldn't blow my house down or anything lol.
The destruction caused by hurricanes reaches pretty far inland. But each to their own I guess.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Poor Billsback must be feeling the air seeping rapidly from that warm weather balloon. As a Golden State ex-pat myself, I have to agree with what others are saying. There are other fair-weathered locales in the country that are more affordable - without being ghetto.

The San Diego area is gorgeous, but it's definitely made up of the Haves and the Have-Nots. Not a whole lot of Joe Six-Packs driving home to their single family 3-bedroom ranches in 4 year old Camrys.