San Diego routes

sandwich

The resident gearhead
So this maybe a dumb question then. How does one express driver live off their salary in SD. You literally have to have a full time job and part time ?
You can but you would either A. Live in a tiny shoe box apartment in the city and struggle to pay bills. Or B. Live in east/north county an hour or two away with traffic in a slightly cheaper slightly larger apartment in not as nice of an area.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
What would be considered somewhat affordable and decent to live in so cal.
So cal is getting harder and harder for working class people my friend. That's why I left. Somewhat affordable would be riverside county. But its not a nice place very ghetto. How we did it growing up was either 3 friends rent a 3 bedroom house and split the rent. Or rent a 2 bedroom apartment and split the rent. But living on your own is very hard. My old roommate lives on his own in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment in Costa mesa. No garage. 1600 a month. He's a ups driver so he's living just fine. But he will never be able to afford a house in orange county. And If you live in riverside and drive into orange county for work it'll take you 3 hours.

So cal is getting harder and harder for working class people my friend. That's why I left. Somewhat affordable would be riverside county. But its not a nice place very ghetto. How we did it growing up was either 3 friends rent a 3 bedroom house and split the rent. Or rent a 2 bedroom apartment and split the rent. But living on your own is very hard. My old roommate lives on his own in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment in Costa mesa. No garage. 1600 a month. He's a ups driver so he's living just fine. But he will never be able to afford a house in orange county. And If you live in riverside and drive into orange county for work it'll take you 3 hours.
That's pretty much what I'm afraid of making such a large jump to live in a shoe box. I guess it's perspective as in live in a shoe box in amazing weather or own a home in the tundra I consider home.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
New Mexico is really boring. Arizona is a cool place to live. Lots of dirt bike riding and the river. Nevada has decent parts. Henderson is pretty cool lake las Vegas is fun.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Take a longer look at the Carolinas.
I agree with this statement. You have to consider quality of life too. Sun and warm weather is great. But if your struggling to survive you won't notice the nice weather. Its really up to you. I'm just done with so cal. Its getting more and more expensive to just live there. Lots of my friends are leaving to cheaper pastures.