Saturday Ground Update

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, for the past two months, we have late air 3-4 times a week at our building, and have had to push our start time back fifteen minutes. Rumor has it, we don't have enough pilots for the Saturday ground implementation and they are running out of hours, this is causing problems in Louisville. Anyone able to confirm this?

This doesn't make sense. If we had enough pilots prior to the implementation of this new service to get the Saturday air delivered on time and the only air that we are doing as part of Saturday ground is Saturday air then how can we be short of pilots?

ManInBrown

We've had delayed start times at least three times a week for the past couple of months. 9:30 start tomorrow (9:15 is our normal start time).
Can't change the start time week of or day before. Has to be changed the prior week for all days in the following week. Once Friday rolls around in the 177, the start time for all days the following week need to be set.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can't change the start time week of or day before. Has to be changed the prior week for all days in the following week. Once Friday rolls around in the 177, the start time for all days the following week need to be set.

Nope. Nice try, thanks for playing.

Start time changes of less than an hour require only 24 hour notice.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We've had delayed start times at least three times a week for the past couple of months. 9:30 start tomorrow (9:15 is our normal start time).
Start time pushed back 15 minutes in our building as well. Late air said to be the reason. There was no elaboration as to why air has been late.
Good lord 9:30. Wasn't all that long ago I remember 8 am starts at least on Mondays.

They should "backup" air commit to 11 instead of 10:30.
Moving start times only deals with dead time, which since I found 7 misloads waiting at my car, doesn't sound "dead" to me !!

35years

Gravy route
Check your supplement. They have to go by start times posted the Friday beforehand here. Also they can not change start times more than an hour from the original bid in my neck of the woods. Don't let them get away with it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This doesn't make sense. If we had enough pilots prior to the implementation of this new service to get the Saturday air delivered on time and the only air that we are doing as part of Saturday ground is Saturday air then how can we be short of pilots?
Oh I agree. But what does make sense around here?

rod

Retired 22 years
He isn't going anywhere.
He'll be posting away, days after his retirement. Then we'll sick @rod after him. LOL

I'm won't be losing any sleep over it but I will enjoy jumping down his throat the first post he makes after retiring. He deserves it. To tell the truth I don't see him retiring when he says he's going to. He's too much of a company man to give up the only thing he enjoys---sucking up.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
So, for the past two months, we have late air 3-4 times a week at our building, and have had to push our start time back fifteen minutes. Rumor has it, we don't have enough pilots for the Saturday ground implementation and they are running out of hours, this is causing problems in Louisville. Anyone able to confirm this?

Not sure what's causing it, but the same thing started here this week. Our start time was supposed to be 8:45am the last 2 days but they pushed it back to 9am and preload doesn't finish until around 9:20. Late air both yesterday and today. Hope this doesn't continue for long.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm won't be losing any sleep over it but I will enjoy jumping down his throat the first post he makes after retiring. He deserves it. To tell the truth I don't see him retiring when he says he's going to. He's too much of a company man to give up the only thing he enjoys---sucking up.
The only thing he HAS.