Saturday or Sunday hmm

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yep.

Um.... not really.

It's not been re-interpreted.

Just applied differently.

You can argue "past practice" all you want.

There are 5 requirements, that must be met.

And let me tell you.... the bar is set high.... for the requirements to be met.

(Not just through the Panel system, but in Arbitration)

-Bug-

*Are people just going to complain.... Or, file a grievance ?*

If the company has the right to work us on any named holiday, when is the first sentence of Article 15 sec 1 relevant?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If nothing else, you are persistent. What about the part where it says that Labor Day is the only day that needs union approval to work it.
Are you also going to ask me to pay you my Union dues directly to you for these closely guarded answers?:funny:

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

Yep.

Um.... not really.

It's not been re-interpreted.

Just applied differently.

You can argue "past practice" all you want.

There are 5 requirements, that must be met.

And let me tell you.... the bar is set high.... for the requirements to be met.

(Not just through the Panel system, but in Arbitration)

-Bug-

*Are people just going to complain.... Or, file a grievance ?*
Big Union guy, Thank you for my laugh this morning. Applied differently or reinterpreted differently, sounds like the same thing to me, lol. You must be a politician with that kind of answer. I agree that past practice is a tough argument in any panel or arbitration setting but what strengthens a past practice argument is decades of language being applied the same way. With that said, in all sincerity I would like to extend a Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know we disagree often but I do enjoy the sparring.

upschuck

What does "no seniority employee shall be required" mean?
Ok, it means you got to work, they put that in on opposite day.

What does If required to work..., and No employee shall be required to work Labor Day... in Sec 4, if the above is all encompassing.

The language is ambiguous, and there is more language that says to work, than not. It should definitely be changed. The one of the things I hate about this contract is the vagueness of the language, and how everyone can interpret many different ways.

Inthegame

What does "no seniority employee shall be required" mean?
You can't stop reading the section at "a regular seniority employee shall not be required to work..." This phrase is only a piece of Section 1. Reading the entire section gives the intent of the language which allows for pay, without working, for the 8 listed holidays. Section 4 gives UPS the necessary language to schedule work and pay an additional premium if they do so. That's exactly what happened this year and has happened for many years at a lesser staffing level. The increase in staffing is the sore spot but the words to allow that are, and long have been, present.

Speaking of presents, when you hire an Amazon drone to fill my stocking with coal, please send me some of that "clean" coal.

Merry Christmas Bubble

You can't stop reading the section at "a regular seniority employee shall not be required to work..." This phrase is only a piece of Section 1. Reading the entire section gives the intent of the language which allows for pay, without working, for the 8 listed holidays. Section 4 gives UPS the necessary language to schedule work and pay an additional premium if they do so. That's exactly what happened this year and has happened for many years at a lesser staffing level. The increase in staffing is the sore spot but the words to allow that are, and long have been, present.

Speaking of presents, when you hire an Amazon drone to fill my stocking with coal, please send me some of that "clean" coal.

Merry Christmas Bubble
Inthegame had me at hello!!! But this explanation works. I'm glad you take the time to contribute to this site. You are a true asset to a site like this. There's nothing in it for you but you persevere just the same. God bless ya

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Big Union guy, Thank you for my laugh this morning. Applied differently or reinterpreted differently, sounds like the same thing to me, lol. You must be a politician with that kind of answer.

:biggrin:

The business of the Union, has a lot of politics involved.

I had a signature line here at the Cafe for several years that said;

"You might not like what I say, but I always tell the truth".

I have had members in my Local that didn't Like me (everyone does)

But, they trust me.... because I don't lie or try to BS them.

With that said, in all sincerity I would like to extend a Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know we disagree often but I do enjoy the sparring.

That's nice of you to say, and I extend the sentiment back to you and yours.

-Bug-

:biggrin:

The business of the Union, has a lot of politics involved.

I had a signature line here at the Cafe for several years that said;

"You might not like what I say, but I always tell the truth".

I have had members in my Local that didn't Like me (everyone does)

But, they trust me.... because I don't lie or try to BS them.

That's nice of you to say, and I extend the sentiment back to you and yours.

-Bug-
Another valuable member. This site needs members like this.

Irishman Collins

Inthegame had me at hello!!! But this explanation works. I'm glad you take the time to contribute to this site. You are a true asset to a site like this. There's nothing in it for you but you persevere just the same. God bless ya
Omg, really, lol!! Inthegame, I too appreciate your comments although I may not agree most of the time but I have to say, you didn't have me at hello and clearly there is something in it for you. I mean, how else would you get such adoration and overwhelming support and admiration. Excuse me, I just vomited a little . Now what was I saying, oh yeah it must be nice to get all these loving comments from Bojangles? Anyway, I do think you are intelligent and somewhat well informed but I don't feel I have to kiss your rear to tell u that. Have a Merry Christmas sincerely and I look forward to our continued bantering.

Omg, really, lol!! Inthegame, I too appreciate your comments although I may not agree most of the time but I have to say, you didn't have me at hello and clearly there is something in it for you. I mean, how else would you get such adoration and overwhelming support and admiration. Excuse me, I just vomited a little . Now what was I saying, oh yeah it must be nice to get all these loving comments from Bojangles? Anyway, I do think you are intelligent and somewhat well informed but I don't feel I have to kiss your rear to tell u that. Have a Merry Christmas sincerely and I look forward to our continued bantering.
Some will get it and some will keep beating a drum to know where. You have nothing ever positive to say. You joined this site to stir up fecal matter. You have nothing but bad intentions. You are tdu I am not. I can find positive in things and you are always going to be an angry guy or girl whichever. Anyway take a tums for that indigestion and once again welcome to Teamcare. Ask your butt buddies on this site. I was instrumental in helping that rider pass so you could get Teamcare. Enjoy it. Lol ha ha. Welcome once again

Irishman Collins

Some will get it and some will keep beating a drum to know where. You have nothing ever positive to say. You joined this site to stir up fecal matter. You have nothing but bad intentions. You are tdu I am not. I can find positive in things and you are always going to be an angry guy or girl whichever. Anyway take a tums for that indigestion and once again welcome to Teamcare. Ask your butt buddies on this site. I was instrumental in helping that rider pass so you could get Teamcare. Enjoy it. Lol ha ha. Welcome once again
No Bojangles I am not negative. I just speak the truth and sometimes it stings a little.

No Bojangles I am not negative. I just speak the truth and sometimes it stings a little.
I always tell the truth. People don't want to hear it though. You are one of them. You are a bitter person. You will never be happy. I doubt you've spent a day hungry in your life. Keep being an anonymous internet superhero. It suits you.

Irishman Collins

I always tell the truth. People don't want to hear it though. You are one of them. You are a bitter person. You will never be happy. I doubt you've spent a day hungry in your life. Keep being an anonymous internet superhero. It suits you.
The last time I checked this was an anonymous site. In fact, I guess your real name is Bojangles, lol? In addition I am not a bitter person, far from it. I am bitter towards an organization that I pay dues toward and virtually get nothing from. All I get is false promises, give backs and concessions. As far as my personal life and my struggles, well that just isn't your business and I wouldn't impose that on you or anyone. I don't believe in crying, poor me all the time. If you lived a life at some point where you didn't know where your next meal was coming from. I think that is terrible but why do you feel you need to keep reminding everyone on here how tough your life has been? We all have struggles and demons but men get back on their feet and don't feel the need to remind everyone how tough they have had it. In saying that, I will leave you with a compliment and a good will wish. First, I think it is great that you have a loyalty towards your local Union and the I.B.T. every organization needs the man that will climb the hill by himself while being swarmed by enemy bullets and not for once asking why. Second, I really do wish your family and you a sincere Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You see, that didn't seem so bitter did it?

The last time I checked this was an anonymous site. In fact, I guess your real name is Bojangles, lol? In addition I am not a bitter person, far from it. I am bitter towards an organization that I pay dues toward and virtually get nothing from. All I get is false promises, give backs and concessions. As far as my personal life and my struggles, well that just isn't your business and I wouldn't impose that on you or anyone. I don't believe in crying, poor me all the time. If you lived a life at some point where you didn't know where your next meal was coming from. I think that is terrible but why do you feel you need to keep reminding everyone on here how tough your life has been? We all have struggles and demons but men get back on their feet and don't feel the need to remind everyone how tough they have had it. In saying that, I will leave you with a compliment and a good will wish. First, I think it is great that you have a loyalty towards your local Union and the I.B.T. every organization needs the man that will climb the hill by himself while being swarmed by enemy bullets and not for once asking why. Second, I really do wish your family and you a sincere Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You see, that didn't seem so bitter did it?
I'm just trying to point out that I think you are a spineless coward. You come on this site and cry like a little girl. You are the kind of guy/that like to bitch but you won't get involved get in office and fix it. As far as things I've been through I'll never forget. It's my fuel. It's what will always separate me from an anonymous coward that's crying. See I used my fuel to get involved and change things. You know get involved. Be a player. Fix something. You I just don't see it. As far as me being mr. Bojangles you know who I am from your friends on hear. You were at that Ohio meeting. You all know who each other is on here as well as me. I'm betting if you saw me you would know it's me. If you ever do feel free to come talk to me. Introduce yourself. I'll talk to you in person like I do on here.

If I seem combative to you on here it's because I have no respect for who you are or what you represent here. I think you will never be happy because you have a lot of issues.

I give respect where respect is due. Inthegame is probably the most knowledgeable union poster on this site. I payed respect to him and you took a shot at me. You know you puked in your mouth. I respect those who have earned it and he has. I'm a very loyal person and I spew positiveness. This has been one of the things that has gotten me to where I'm at. My hardships will always be worn as a badge of honor. It's who I am. My fuel. I don't ever forget.

So basically you get it. I don't respect or like your kind. You are the one with the puke comment so you brought my response on yourself.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

I'm just trying to point out that I think you are a spineless coward. You come on this site and cry like a little girl. You are the kind of guy/that like to bitch but you won't get involved get in office and fix it. As far as things I've been through I'll never forget. It's my fuel. It's what will always separate me from an anonymous coward that's crying. See I used my fuel to get involved and change things. You know get involved. Be a player. Fix something. You I just don't see it. As far as me being mr. Bojangles you know who I am from your friends on hear. You were at that Ohio meeting. You all know who each other is on here as well as me. I'm betting if you saw me you would know it's me. If you ever do feel free to come talk to me. Introduce yourself. I'll talk to you in person like I do on here.

If I seem combative to you on here it's because I have no respect for who you are or what you represent here. I think you will never be happy because you have a lot of issues.

I give respect where respect is due. Inthegame is probably the most knowledgeable union poster on this site. I payed respect to him and you took a shot at me. You know you puked in your mouth. I respect those who have earned it and he has. I'm a very loyal person and I spew positiveness. This has been one of the things that has gotten me to where I'm at. My hardships will always be worn as a badge of honor. It's who I am. My fuel. I don't ever forget.

So basically you get it. I don't respect or like your kind. You are the one with the puke comment so you brought my response on yourself.
Your response doesn't bother me at all, it is exactly what I would expect from you. As far as you thinking you have any inclination of who I am. Well again you are clueless. As far as me knowing who you are. I could honestly care less. This site was created so that people could express popular or unpopular opinions without retribution from the Union or U.P.S. If you want fluff go to the I.B.T. website. Anyway, I stand by my comments towards you, even the compliment. There is one thing I would like to point out though. I would advise resisting from threats. You see, you never know who you are talking to on this site and it very well could be someone who has a wealth of knowledge on R.I.C.O. and the constitution and by-laws of the International. I am sure being just a member and not an officer of a local Union you are unaware of any of the aforementioned rules that you seem to be treading on. You see unlike you I consider you to be a brother and I expect you to follow the same rules that our great Union has bestowed on the both of us.

Your response doesn't bother me at all, it is exactly what I would expect from you. As far as you thinking you have any inclination of who I am. Well again you are clueless. As far as me knowing who you are. I could honestly care less. This site was created so that people could express popular or unpopular opinions without retribution from the Union or U.P.S. If you want fluff go to the I.B.T. website. Anyway, I stand by my comments towards you, even the compliment. There is one thing I would like to point out though. I would advise resisting from threats. You see, you never know who you are talking to on this site and it very well could be someone who has a wealth of knowledge on R.I.C.O. and the constitution and by-laws of the International. I am sure being just a member and not an officer of a local Union you are unaware of any of the aforementioned rules that you seem to be treading on. You see unlike you I consider you to be a brother and I expect you to follow the same rules that our great Union has bestowed on the both of us.
Show me a threat. Quote it. If me saying I don't like your fictional character is a threat you have a lot of issues. You posted something to me and this was my response. I don't like you if you ever see me and want to say something feel free. If this intimidates you then don't. I'm an up in your face kinda person. Never did I say you were going to get physical violence. You will be told to your face that I don't like you in front of other grown ass men. If you can't take that then don't. Quote something and show me or go on with yourself.

As far as your supposed complimate or whatever I didn't ask for it and don't really want it. You have annoyed me a couple times on this site now and in the past and I don't have a high opinion of you. Does this hurt your feelings? If it does call someone. I don't care.

We can go back and forth all you want but my opinion won't change. I'm allowed to have my opinion as are you. I have no use for you. Whatever.

Irishman Collins

Show me a threat. Quote it. If me saying I don't like your fictional character is a threat you have a lot of issues. You posted something to me and this was my response. I don't like you if you ever see me and want to say something feel free. If this intimidates you then don't. I'm an up in your face kinda person. Never did I say you were going to get physical violence. You will be told to your face that I don't like you in front of other grown ass men. If you can't take that then don't. Quote something and show me or go on with yourself.

As far as your supposed complimate or whatever I didn't ask for it and don't really want it. You have annoyed me a couple times on this site now and in the past and I don't have a high opinion of you. Does this hurt your feelings? If it does call someone. I don't care.

We can go back and forth all you want but my opinion won't change. I'm allowed to have my opinion as are you. I have no use for you. Whatever.
I don't want your opinion of me to change. For someone like you to like me would mean I wasn't accomplishing what I set out to do in life. Intimidated, lol, absolutely nothing about you intimidates me. Feelings hurt, lol, you see someone has to mean something to you for that person to hurt your feelings. I didn't say you threatened me now did I? All I did was remind you of laws and the I.B.T. constitution. Remember you have been on this site for a long time and there are many other correspondences with other members. You just never know who is watching and taking notes and records is all.