Scratch to qualify

Brisket

My training route, which I learned on RDO shelf to shelf, is now destroying lives. It's such an easy business route, yet Orion completely chops it to the point where it's basically inconceivable to scratch. Feel bad for the 4 guys who have failed so far, it's not their fault at all

They aren’t allowed to turn ODO off for training anymore?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
So I did 7 days out of 30 including the first 3 with the sup.
My first day on my own I was 185 clicks over because I was still learning the area and I was taking time mapping stops. The second day I was 80 clicks over. The third day I was 44 clicks. And finally my fourth day I was only 5 clicks over. My boss wants me to show I can be under. I learned my area very well and I’m sorting the sh— out my truck using my lunch break. I started writing down my irregs that are on the floor so I don’t have to look for them. I don’t know what else to do.

Orion wants me to deliver grounds with airs at my businesses before my house airs but there is no time because businesses are heavy, no loading docks, and there is always one or two house airs out of the way. So I do business airs, house airs then go back to do business grounds.

Any suggestions on how to save more time?

Also I follow trace over 90% of the time and I’m always over Orion’s miles. I guess because I’m going back to businesses twice.

Thanks in advance
Just keep doing what your doing. And as soon as you pass probation. SLOW THE EFFF DOWN!!!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No? Please explain

The extra miles add to your allowance, as does the stop. The only time you lose time on an ODS is when you show up, the person has twenty packages that aren't labeled, they need 20 ground shipping documents, and have to fill them out, etc. That happened to me during qualification. I learned from that to just leave the labels and come back when I had time. In fact, every time I had an ODS requiring shipping documents was in my qualification period. Haven't had one since.

Mo19072

The extra miles add to your allowance, as does the stop. The only time you lose time on an ODS is when you show up, the person has twenty packages that aren't labeled, they need 20 ground shipping documents, and have to fill them out, etc. That happened to me during qualification. I learned from that to just leave the labels and come back when I had time. In fact, every time I had an ODS requiring shipping documents was in my qualification period. Haven't had one since.
That’s good to know I thought it was all planned and set before you start the day

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That’s good to know I thought it was all planned and set before you start the day

They have an idea based on the plan, so they know if everyone has at least an 8 hour day. Sometimes dispatchers will put things in a weird order to add miles to days so they don't have to cut routes. Your actual time allowance will be computed at the end of the day. If you picked up a lot more packages than usual, or drove fewer miles than expected, that impacts your allowance.

I've done routes where I got 3 hours of bonus based solely on the huge pick ups on them. But I generally run my route as efficiently on miles as possible, so it actually hurts my time allowance.

JustDeliverIt

Orion has a "plan" at the beginning for the perfect day. Never works that way, so when you are done actually running the route it is recalculated with your actual miles, stops, etc. So anything added is put in there.

JustDeliverIt

Orion estimates what time you will get to a stop, but time allowance is determined through a separate system. Orion impacts your allowance, assuming you follow it, only incidentally.

So, basically Orion is even more of a waste than I originally thought. Not that I held it in high regards anyways. What a total waste of money by this company.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The word alone gives me heartburn

At least you can afford as much antacid as you need with the bigger checks...
giphy (30).gif

RxSatellite

They must be worried about off the clock injuries. My center wouldn’t care if I loaded my entire truck myself.
Its not that. They say sorting your truck before start time is cheating and warned its an automatic DQ if seen doing it. They want to see I can sort the truck as I go.

Only complaint I have is the preloaders wont leave NDAs behond the car for me because "we dont have time to check anything other than the PALs" and sorting early in the route is a necessity when you find 6000s on the 8000 shelf and RDLs in the 3000 etc..

Still easy to get at least under .5 just hard to consistently get bonus multiple days in a row.