Scum Of Buffalo Looting And Destroying Property

vantexan

Criminals have no conscience. They only see opportunity to get something for nothing. The only way to combat it is to minimize if not eliminate that opportunity.
Another reason to shut down the border to prevent more criminals from coming in. Thank you.

Box Ox

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Maybe the current penalties aren't strong enough if the criminals don't have a conscience.
No the fact that it's a crime is racist.
And if police enforce them it's racist.
And the bail is racist.
And the judges are racist.
And the penalties are racist.
And the jails are racist

bacha29

Maybe the current penalties aren't strong enough if the criminals don't have a conscience.

More jail for no-conscience criminals or turning everything into a fortress to defend against them?
Sure, we can build more jails, hire more judges and prosecuting attorneys....just as long as you're willing to pay for it. There is no such thing as a low cost criminal justice system.
The cost of incarcerating an inmate is now over $100.000 per year. Not only do you have to feed clothe and house them but you have to provide for their healthcare needs including prescriptions such as insulin for diabetics, statins for hypertension and heart disease, hepatitis any number of afflictions that require care that the inmate is entitled to as well as access to mental health services. Inmates are entitled by law to access to healthcare services.
You know the old saying...."talk is cheap"...operating a prison isn't and will likely become even more expensive in the future.
You could get a more rigorous prosecution if you want it and if you are willing to pay for it. The first place you'll have to start will be a substantial increase in staffing levels and more importantly an even larger increase in salaries in order to attract qualified candidates.

As the saying goes...."show me the money". and that's exactly what the system is telling those who are demanding a more aggressive stance toward criminal apprehension and prosecution.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sure, we can build more jails, hire more judges and prosecuting attorneys....just as long as you're willing to pay for it. There is no such thing as a low cost criminal justice system.
The cost of incarcerating an inmate is now over $100.000 per year. Not only do you have to feed clothe and house them but you have to provide for their healthcare needs including prescriptions such as insulin for diabetics, statins for hypertension and heart disease, hepatitis any number of afflictions that require care that the inmate is entitled to as well as access to mental health services. Inmates are entitled by law to access to healthcare services.
You know the old saying...."talk is cheap"...operating a prison isn't and will likely become even more expensive in the future.
You could get a more rigorous prosecution if you want it and if you are willing to pay for it. The first place you'll have to start will be a substantial increase in staffing levels and more importantly an even larger increase in salaries in order to attract qualified candidates.

As the saying goes...."show me the money". and that's exactly what the system is telling those who are demanding a more aggressive stance toward criminal apprehension and prosecution.
So you're pro crime because prisons are expensive?

vantexan

So let's let violent criminals roam the streets and play Russian roulette with our lives. Much more cost effective.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3712_13.jpg

bacha29

So you're pro crime because prisons are expensive?
"Show me the money". There's a rural county in my state that is critically short of county deputies resulting in zero courthouse security. So if you want to be a tough on crime Deputy Dog...."book him Dano" there's a job right there waiting for you.

Hourly starting pay.....$11.92. Municipal and county jail guards....They're begging for them .

Some of you guys are no better than the crooks in the sense that you want services than directly improve the quality of your lives but near zero cost to you and in some cases you want them for free. Crooks want something for nothing....and so do you. So you're no better than they are

Law enforcement can't do more than what the resources you're willing to provide and PAY for will allow them to do.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Didn't know enough to keep her exhaust clear? I have relatives in Buffalo who told me that the mayor had told them several days in advance to get off the roads . He warned them that if they ignore his order and got stranded out there first responders would not be able to come for them. And even if he could legally authorize the use of deadly force to stop looters there would not likely be any authorized person there who could use it. Perhaps vendors will finally install better security and barriers to smash and grab looters .Something similar to gun shops . At closing bars come down from overhead behind doors and windows.
Or they could get on the roof with a rifle and protect their property

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
"Show me the money". There's a rural county in my state that is critically short of county deputies resulting in zero courthouse security. So if you want to be a tough on crime Deputy Dog...."book him Dano" there's a job right there waiting for you.

Hourly starting pay.....$11.92. Municipal and county jail guards....They're begging for them .

Some of you guys are no better than the crooks in the sense that you want services than directly improve the quality of your lives but near zero cost to you and in some cases you want them for free. Crooks want something for nothing....and so do you. So you're no better than they are

Law enforcement can't do more than what the resources you're willing to provide and PAY for will allow them to do.
Speak for yourself. It’s the loons on your side that want to defund the police.

bacha29

In other words, I summed up your position perfectly, except unlike you I didn't ramble endlessly.

Okay, carry on.
No you didn't. What I pointed to was the reason WHY you and the others are not getting the more aggressive approach to fighting crime that you demand..... The unwillingness of people like yourself to bear the additional costs in order to provide the additional resources needed in order undertake that effort.

A pair of old sayings is never more applicable than they are here.
1. "Money talks and bull feces walks.
2. "You get what you pay for" .

Not once have you demonstrated a willingness to fork over the additional cash in order to meet law enforcements needed for the additional resources.