Sean O’Brien asks the White House to not intervene if Teamsters go on strike

Thebrownblob

Thanks, I appreciate the rational debate. UPSers work hard. I did it for 30 years.
But it is a stellar job with above average pay and benefits people would love to have.
Maybe you are already retired, I don’t know
But most folks have no idea WHAT they have until they lose it.
Time for more boot 👅 ing
Most if you here, really are quite clueless.
Nope not retired been here 31 years and all the stuff you appreciate you wouldn’t have had without the Teamsters, UPS would never have given it to you freely. Just ask management. Clearly, the only clueless on here is you. Such a pity you retired from here, and never figured it out.

anonymous23456

The die hard union people here are gonna start singing the blues around August ….22,23 maybe.

Entitled much?
You will find out, how good you HAD it.
Finding out, figuring out…..this fun fact will enlighten you to the real world of other jobs.
And what and how they pay.
O’Brien is a 100% militant :censored2: and will ruin what you’ve taken for granted, for years.

I have pity for the folks that realize these words and antipathy for those that deserve it.
It is true that people who work for UPS the entire time (management & teamsters) don't know about other sectors of the industries.

I GOT ONE MORE

Nope not retired been here 31 years and all the stuff you appreciate you wouldn’t have had without the Teamsters, UPS would never have given it to you freely. Just ask management. Clearly, the only clueless on here is you. Such a pity you retired from here, and never figured it out.
AGAIN, I agree with you.
But only the first sentence.
I do know SOB has stated publicly, he wants to “punish the company” and “bring it to its knees”

SOB is a sob and I pity you when you are looking for another job.
Then, and only then, will you realize what you had and where a lousy leader led you.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
AGAIN, I agree with you.
I do know SOB has stated publicly, he wants to “punish the company” and “bring it to its knees”

Then, and only then, will you realize what you had and where a lousy leader led you.

Do they pay you to defend ups like this?

Thebrownblob

AGAIN, I agree with you.

So you have a personality conflict? Lol grow up. Negotiations aren’t always easy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
From what I understand, the White House can not intervene in a strike as we don’t fall under the Railway Labor Act, but when asked about the White House stepping in, O’Brien has said he has asked the White House multiple times to stay away
Does the center for disease control have the authority to tell landlords they can't evict people who don't pay rent?

I wouldn't count on the government caring about what they have the authority to do. They do whatever they want to do, then wait for the long legal process to play out.

RangerMan06

I don’t disagree with anything you just stated, except for the boot licking.
You deserve REASONABLE compensation and representation.
You are about to be OUT OF A JOB.

We'll be busier than we've ever been trying to unclog this mess. Thousands of management and corporate clowns will be out of a job once the company has to restructure to accommodate FT and PT raises.

ManInBrown

Someone in the crowd of “our strike is completely different from the rail strike, Biden can’t intervene” answer this, why has O’Brien on multiple occasions in the last week told them to stay out of it? If they can’t get involved, why would he even need to say that?

twotwofour

Someone in the crowd of “our strike is completely different from the rail strike, Biden can’t intervene” answer this, why has O’Brien on multiple occasions in the last week told them to stay out of it? If they can’t get involved, why would he even need to say that?

The feds can do a bunch of :censored2:ed up :censored2: to “regulate” interstate commerce. If push came to shove, they have a million and one ways, including Taft-Hartley, to put strikers in jail or force them to back to work.
We have a two party state, its not like strong arming a strike would ever back fire.