Searching and or Bumping OLD threads!!!!

barnyard

KTM rider
That way it can be more along the lines of check the sticky at the top of the forum.

Except noobs do not read stickies. Yesterday, 2 different users, registered new accounts and started threads, "to help find their package." If you do not 'get it' then you have not read the sticky at the top of the page either.

I used to be active on a motorcycle forum where searching was pretty much a prerequisite to posting a new topic. The theory was that a search should bring up a fairly short list of pertinent topics. From my experience, it worked very, very well. I had a problem with my bike, which a search turned up a 'how to fix' thread and turned up a source for a better fix.

If a person can read the same "I took the tour" thread on pages 1,2,3 and 4, then maybe it is not a problem with people bumping up an older thread, but users not smart enough to search and yes, I do think they deserve all the ridicule they get.

Indecisi0n

I love how many new threads we get in this season from seasonals

All happy to be hired and get mad when we tell them you will be laid off afterwards and they don't believe us because HR told them something else
"...we are short drivers and if you do a really good job chances of you going full time are solid".

upschuck

Except noobs do not read stickies. Yesterday, 2 different users, registered new accounts and started threads, "to help find their package." If you do not 'get it' then you have not read the sticky at the top of the page either.
I think someone said before(maybe Upstate), that a week or so should elapse before being able to start a thread.
I used to be active on a motorcycle forum where searching was pretty much a prerequisite to posting a new topic. The theory was that a search should bring up a fairly short list of pertinent topics. From my experience, it worked very, very well. I had a problem with my bike, which a search turned up a 'how to fix' thread and turned up a source for a better fix.
There is a difference between static situations(motorcycle forum), and fluid situations(UPS), but in general, I agree with you.

J

jibbs

Or I am the hardest worker in the hub

combined with " and I have the heaviest pull in my building."

My favorite quote of the moment's in my sig, though. New guy was on here ranting about how hard of a worker he was but how UPS just didn't care, I mean, really, they just didn't care and it sucked how good of a worker he was but they just didn't care even though he was working hard. Then towards the end he put "AND THIS IS CANADA!" right after explaining how... uh.... bewildering, I guess? his whole UPS experience was going so far.

[EDIT: I think I got confused which thread I was in when I posted this... I think.... :censored2:, man....]

Last edited by a moderator: