Second Meeting Attire?

I initially was set up for a meeting on a Wednesday afternoon. I showed up in dress shoes, black button down, black slacks, and a tie. On arrival, I was placed in a group with about 20 people who mostly had on jeans, sweatpants, and t-shirts. We toured the facility and upon completion they asked us which facility and which shift we desired to work. After I told them which shift and facility I wanted, they set up another appointment on a Tuesday at 7am and said to wear proper work shoes and bring 2 forms of ID. Is this going to be another portion of the interview to which I at least need to wear a polo/golf shirt and khakis, or should I just do jeans and t-shirt? I assume this means I am probably going to get the job if they are asking me to bring 2 forms of ID.

upschuck

2 forms of ID may be for a background check. As a rule of thumb, you should dress up for an interview as much as you would wear to that job. That being said, here, they like it when prospective employees show up dressed nicely, it shows them that you have a little respect for them, and the job.

P.S. They only want you to wear proper work boots to the interview? Package handler? Interesting.

@upschuck its only a position for loader/unloader part time. After I told the representative giving the tour which facility and shift, all she said to me was wear work shoes/boots to the next meeting because those dress shoes arent going to cut it. Nothing else was said. She didnt say come prepared to work or anything. She just said I would have a meeting with someone at the facility near the airport Tuesday morning at 7am. I was actually turned in as a referral for a customer counter position by a 20+ year employee of UPS. But until I hear something back from that, I dont have any problem moving packages.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2 forms of ID may be for a background check. As a rule of thumb, you should dress up for an interview as much as you would wear to that job. That being said, here, they like it when prospective employees show up dressed nicely, it shows them that you have a little respect for them, and the job.

P.S. They only want you to wear proper work boots to the interview? Package handler? Interesting.
In my building...during the tours/interviews.....HR herds the prospective people down the belts like cattle so they can observe the work being done...and have them lift a few packages. So, they need work boots if they're on the line. Not sure if it's like that everywhere.

upschuck

CC position is probably a bid job. Wear work boots and whatever else you feel comfortable in with the boots, you should be fine. Usually the second interview is with a sup/manager of the sort you will be working on. Good luck

upschuck

In my building...during the tours/interviews.....HR herds the prospective people down the belts like cattle so they can observe the work being done...and have them lift a few packages. So, they need work boots if they're on the line. Not sure if it's like that everywhere.
They touch boxes?

Crazy think though Chuck is that the facility I am having the meeting in, isnt the facility I requested. So I am not sure if they are just planning on placing me where they want me and asked that question as a formality, or if it was just the first available opening they had for a meeting.

upschuck

That is a question only they can answer. You can request that you only get placed in the other building, but that may delay your hiring.

upschuck

Yes Kermit....A box or two....it's a PITA when you're trying to work..
I am surprised. I guess they are not worried about injury. It can happen. I've tried to get the hr guy to help before, but with liability as it is, said he couldn't let them.

Don't call me Kermit. He is a sell-out, a scab, a disgrace to frogs everywhere.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am surprised. I guess they are not worried about injury. It can happen. I've tried to get the hr guy to help before, but with liability as it is, said he couldn't let them.

Don't call me Kermit. He is a sell-out, a scab, a disgrace to frogs everywhere.

images-66.jpeg
Ribbit :)