Security at the guard shack demanding I open my bag for him

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HijoDe, Jun 18, 2014.

1. HijoDe

HijoDe New Member

I use those small drawstring backpacks to throw my phone and keys in. Anyway I placed it on the table and the security officer whos on his phone demanded I "open it". I asked him if he has two hands and he said it's easier for him, then says to the person on the other end of the phone "no not you".

my question is who's job is to open it. is it my responsibility? what happens if I decline too.

2. Leave some dirty underwear in your bag, then you open it. he will probably wave you through next time!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

it's your bag, you open it. He doesn't know if you have anything sharp on or in the bag that he could get hurt on.

4. HijoDe

HijoDe New Member

well it's his job to search the bag, why would I have to open it?

5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Open the freaking bag and leave the attitude at home.

• Agree x 9
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • List
  6. HijoDe

HijoDe New Member

well I have an attitude when I see people not caring about their job, especially talking on the phone.

7. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

personally, I wouldn't want those guys touching any of my stuff. They actually check our lunch boxes and bags on the way in the building as well..Would you want them to run their hands through your food? Not this guy! I sure don't miss that now that I've retired. When there would be new guards, they would usually have attitudes. Once they got broken in, you could train *them*.

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

No, it's his job to make sure you don't have anything in the bag that's not supposed to be in it. He does that visually. Not with his hands.

Everyone else has to open their own bag. What makes you so f'in special, princess?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. It's for all of our safety. Just open it don't say anything and walk in and got to work. It's not all about you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. HijoDe

HijoDe New Member

no not everyone else has to open their own bag because I witness it for myself.

11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

You like cavity searches? Try that crap in an airport someday.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You poor thing.

13. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

2014-06-18-22-43-20--1442027042.jpegWHAT'S IN THE BAG? WHAT'S IN THE BAAAAAAAAAG?!?!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  14. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

What's a guard shack?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Guard at my center got caught polishing his chrome a few months ago. Wouldn't want him touching anything of mine.

16. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

the guard shack in my building is a joke. i always walk through the detector, always set it off, and even if the wand makes a noise they still let me go on through. my question is, it's obviously not a safety issue; does ups think the only thing i could possibly steal is made of metal? it seems like a charade.

17. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

No security here at all; never has been.

18. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

The guards at my spot are pretty cool. They ask us to open it but they don't rifle through anything just look. Besides, it's a possible liability for them to open your bag. It's not a big deal for you that he doesn't seem to like his job open your bag let him look and get on with the cardboard.

19. MethodsMan

MethodsMan Active Member

Where do they find these guards?

There's always rancid stench of disregard to hygiene when I walk thru the guard shack.

20. cachsux

cachsux Wah

You really want someone touching your stuff? Open the GD bag and quit holding up the line for those of us who have our shiz together.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List