security at your barn

wornoutupser

Security?

That is the LP guy that hides in the woods with a camcorder in my building. Seriously!

Other than this, there is nothing in my building. Kids use the parking lot to run go carts in it over the weekend.

raceanoncr

Was kinda wondering the same thing? We, the employees, are the security for our building. Its funny though, the new fedex ground building here in town has an 8 foot tall chain link fence with the angled barbed wire on top,(but no security guard though), and we have a large open lot and building within 100' of a busy rail line.

Must be DM, huh? Geez, those people walking across that rail line just to get to work and back everyday can't be good, can it?

M

Mike23

Our "security" consists of an unarmed, elderly man who sits in a "guard shack" that is basically an oversized phone booth. There is a metal detector; but since the walls and doors of this structure are made of metal, the detector goes off randomly and whenever the doors are opened or shut.

Every couple of years, there will be a new "flavor of the week" where LP decides that everyone needs a sticker on their cell phone, so the guard will start checking everyones phone and it becomes a real pain in the ass for a week or two until they quit worrying about it.

Stug sits in your guard shack all day? :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
And what? The homeless are complaining about the pee smell coming from the docks? What you could try is to urinate across the openings in the fence and around the fuel pumps and it could repel them,like dogs marking their territory.
:happy-very:

weve never had any security guards, except during the big strike back in the 90s, that was the only time i think there ever was any kind of security at all

from reading on here it sounds like most of your terminals are secured by a guard and maybe gated in or whatever

the reason i ask is because we have nothing to keep homeless people, vandals and [-]theifs[/-] URINATOR'S out of our yard at all.....there is an electric fence but anybody can walk right through either of the 2 gates, and we have had problems with homeless people camping out in trailers in the past

so whats security like where you work and do you ever have any incidents?
It's um, secure and there's no pee smell wafting through the building. Would be kind of funny if you guys get the guards you want and they in turn grab you while peeing on trailer tires.:surprised:

Bigger buildings, like hubs and air gateways have gates and security checkpoints, some even have local police departments patrol the inside of the building.

Smaller extended centers rely on local management for most security functions unless there are special circumstances (for example we have off duty constables control parking during the football season since our building is located next to the football stadium).

Vehicles parked in UPS parking lots are not the responsibility of UPS. Park at your own risk, carpool or public transport if you don't want to risk it. We all know that UPS buildings are never in good neighborhoods, so theft from parking lots is fairly common.
Ride a bike. Saves you gas money, saves you from worrying about your "stuff" and you can lock it up in the locker room.

The dallas morning news called the area where my hub is the most dangerous area of dallas. Since I work on preload I usually see at least one or two prostitutes on my way to work. Security at the hub is a joke though, just one or two ladies gossiping not even paying attention to the metal detector that is constantly going off.
Tell us more.:wink2:

Our "security" consists of an unarmed, elderly man who sits in a "guard shack" that is basically an oversized phone booth. There is a metal detector; but since the walls and doors of this structure are made of metal, the detector goes off randomly and whenever the doors are opened or shut.

Every couple of years, there will be a new "flavor of the week" where LP decides that everyone needs a sticker on their cell phone, so the guard will start checking everyones phone and it becomes a real pain in the ass for a week or two until they quit worrying about it.
Leave your cell phone at home and relieve the pain in your keister.:happy2:

City Driver

we actually keep loaded pups right inside the gate, anybody off the street can walk in and right when u get to the gate theres pups sitting there half with their doors open full of freight

and i cant ride my bike steve it got stolen, somebody cut the lock.....but i live 30 minutes drive from work anyways

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
we actually keep loaded pups right inside the gate, anybody off the street can walk in and right when u get to the gate theres pups sitting there half with their doors open full of freight

and i cant ride my bike steve it got stolen, somebody cut the lock.....but i live 30 minutes drive from work anyways
If they are leaving pups with freight wide open so anyone can get in and steal, then they deserve to have the stuff stolen. All you can do is bring this to the attention of the powers that be. If they choose not to act, then so be it, you did your job.

As for your bike being stolen. Get another one with a better lock. Ride to work, lose weight, get healthy and feel better about yourself. I bet you'll start feeling so good that everytime you see a trailer tire, you won't even get the slightest urge to tinkle.:wink2:

City Driver

If they are leaving pups with freight wide open so anyone can get in and steal, then they deserve to have the stuff stolen. All you can do is bring this to the attention of the powers that be. If they choose not to act, then so be it, you did your job.

ive brought it up, they dont care

As for your bike being stolen. Get another one with a better lock.

i bought a 3/8 inch chain and 2 big padlocks that ill use to lock up my next bike

Ride to work, lose weight, get healthy and feel better about yourself. I bet you'll start feeling so good that everytime you see a trailer tire, you won't even get the slightest urge to tinkle.:wink2:

LMAO

but its over 20 miles:angry: and im already in shape i go to the gym 4 days a week atleast

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
ive brought it up, they dont care

i bought a 3/8 inch chain and 2 big padlocks that ill use to lock up my next bike

LMAO

but its over 20 miles:angry: and im already in shape i go to the gym 4 days a week atleast
The bike ride will take care of the insides, Heart, Lungs, etc...Besides this, after a nice long bike ride like that, you'll be way too tired to care about pups left in the yard, supes having to be told about bathroom usage and rednecks telling people of color jokes. I think I just solved all of your issues in this post.:happy2:

City Driver

The bike ride will take care of the insides, Heart, Lungs, etc...Besides this, after a nice long bike ride like that, you'll be way too tired to care about pups left in the yard, supes having to be told about bathroom usage and rednecks telling people of color jokes. I think I just solved all of your issues in this post.:happy2:

i love this guy