Seniority question

U

uber

So, what happens if two employees with the same seniority come up for a driving spot? How does the tie-breaker work?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I got screwed. It was past practice to do a coin flip. When it came time for Eric and I, all of the sudden they went alphabetically. Make sure you ask HR this question and get the answer in writing.

U

uber

I've heard alphabetically as well. Which is weird, I haven't got a call and the guy who started the same time as me has. But, my name is ahead of his in the alphabet.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've heard alphabetically as well. Which is weird, I haven't got a call and the guy who started the same time as me has. But, my name is ahead of his in the alphabet.
FILE A GRIEVANCE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd sign a witness statement for you, if needed. File today! Seniority on bidding is based on your FT date.

U

uber

FILE A GRIEVANCE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd sign a witness statement for you, if needed. File today! Seniority on bidding is based on your FT date.

I'm going to call them this morning first and see what the deal is. If it doesn't get worked out then I'll grieve them. I'd hate to start out on someone's bad side because of an honest mistake.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm going to call them this morning first and see what the deal is. If it doesn't get worked out then I'll grieve them. I'd hate to start out on someone's bad side because of an honest mistake.
Agreed. But, do not let any time go by. Your 10 days start the minute you ask the question.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
unless you were both hired with UPS on the same day, and made FT on the same day, there's no way it should come down to a coin toss

menotyou

bella amicizia
unless you were both hired with UPS on the same day, and made FT on the same day, there's no way it should come down to a coin toss
I was hired tha same day as someone else. When the FT job opening came up-one spot only, I was told by HR that the past practice was a coin toss. The labor sup said alphabetical. Who do you think I believe? Here's a clue. She doesn't work in Labor.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I was hired tha same day as someone else. When the FT job opening came up-one spot only, I was told by HR that the past practice was a coin toss. The labor sup said alphabetical. Who do you think I believe? Here's a clue. She doesn't work in Labor.

to be honest, a coin toss sounds a lot more fair than alphabetical

though ideally, i'd want to look at your records and see who has the better attendance record but of course the union wouldn't prefer that

menotyou

bella amicizia
My point about my situation was that it was a coin toss, until I came along. Past practice prevails. It would have been whatever it would have taken to get EH the job, as he was a suck-***** at that point. Runner/gunner. Long story, as usual, but I got screwed. A** from HR told me as much. But, the teacher in Syr got his way because of our BA being another suck-*****.

U

uber

Alphabetical as it should be.

I can't get ahold of HR. What should I do. Time just keeps on ticking away.