Sent home for misloads..

Raw

Raw Member
Hardknock, you appear to have a great attitude and I agree with what you are saying, you were thrown to the wolves without enough experience for peak! As a 27 year driver I can tell you that preload is the most difficult job at UPS. I am thankful I never had to do it! During peak it is almost like a puzzle, you need to try to keep all 5000 - 8000 HIN pkgs in back half of pkg car and all 1000-4000 HIN ones in front half, if you can then driver will have adequate room in pkg car to manage load after delivering 4000 HIN. For a few years I once had a preloader who could load 350 stops so well that if I didn`t see or can get to a pkg I didn`t need to until I could! That man always got a $100 XMAS tip from me and he is now a driver! Also a good preloader is very respected by drivers which makes for a very rewarding career down the road! Good luck!!

xtelevisionset

It's funny I read this thread on thursday night and the next day they gave me a different preloader because too many misloads. I run a satellite route so any misloads I get are about 20 miles away and I just don't deliver them.

Anyway my new loader was great and actually put most of my post office stuff on the floor instead of the 5000 shelf and everything was accurate right where it should be. I had time to stop at a restaurant and eat then take another 15 minute break after 5 and STILL got back 30 minutes early.

That is the difference your load makes.

Chemo

Yes we have PAL labels on each box, as they come down the belt we are supposed to stack alike boxes ahead of us coming down the belt and have them ready to load in each truck, I work 12-14hrs a day and I'm expected to be superman each and every day, while I try, I'm not. 8 misloads yesterday. I mean a human eye and brain can only function so fast, 12-1300 packages a day is a lot, 8 misloads? Not a lot one might think but to big brown that's not a good number.
A preloader working 12-14 hours? You guys start your preload at 6 pm?

As a Driver I could not load 3 or 4 trucks with boxes pilling up and over me :knockedout:... I'm sorry your having a hard time with the misloads but because of knowing what you all go thru this time of the year I just keep my mouth shut and run misloads off.. Yes misloads does make our jobs harder but on the other hand I don't want to load my truck so a few misloads I can live with... Just remember its not like this all the time the wave of packages will go down and if your doing a good job now then by this time next year you will be a super preloader....

HardknocksUPSer

As a Driver I could not load 3 or 4 trucks with boxes pilling up and over me :knockedout:... I'm sorry your having a hard time with the misloads but because of knowing what you all go thru this time of the year I just keep my mouth shut and run misloads off.. Yes misloads does make our jobs harder but on the other hand I don't want to load my truck so a few misloads I can live with... Just remember its not like this all the time the wave of packages will go down and if your doing a good job now then by this time next year you will be a super preloader....
Thanks for the kind understanding, I got moved to reload because of the misloads, after my centers sup moves to another center I'm moving back to preload even though reload is easier and less stressful I hate the hours of reload, it sucks with my daily life things outside of work.