SFA Results Are In - Epic Fail

bbsam

Staff member
Who cares?
Nobody. Because everybody is going to show up tomorrow and the company will continue to do as it wants. Oh, they'll throw a burger down your throat and tell you they care...just don't expect a reach around. There's no love lost from either side.

hypo hanna

Nobody. Because everybody is going to show up tomorrow and the company will continue to do as it wants. Oh, they'll throw a burger down your throat and tell you they care...just don't expect a reach around. There's no love lost from either side.

Same old song and dance. Anyone who still believes this company cares one bit about the hourly is living in la-la land. The SFA only serves to remind us of that on an annual basis.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sorry, Sammy, but companies that depend on good customer service cannot have employees who could care less, something you don't understand over at Ground. If you could see the level of dysfunction at Express right now, you'd change your tune. Without your driver/slaves, Fred would be losing money. So, as long as the Ground plantation stay alive, so does Master Smith.

They can stick their burgers and BBQ straight where they belong. Your reach-around days are ending soon, because Fred's going to start wanting more of the "love" for himself.

bbsam

Staff member
Sorry, Sammy, but companies that depend on good customer service cannot have employees who could care less, something you don't understand over at Ground. If you could see the level of dysfunction at Express right now, you'd change your tune. Without your driver/slaves, Fred would be losing money. So, as long as the Ground plantation stay alive, so does Master Smith.

They can stick their burgers and BBQ straight where they belong. Your reach-around days are ending soon, because Fred's going to start wanting more of the "love" for himself.
After all these years you just don't get it.

hypo hanna

After all these years you just don't get it.
Well you are both right. People will still show up to work and those that do will grow more and more dissatisfied. Customer service will continue its downward spiral and still FedEx express will survive. Survive as a much lesser enterprise.

bbsam

Staff member
Well you are both right. People will still show up to work and those that do will grow more and more dissatisfied. Customer service will continue its downward spiral and still FedEx express will survive. Survive as a much lesser enterprise.
True. But it's not about "love" at Ground. Not the silly "Purple Promise" or "Entrepreneur of the Year". Successful contractors and ISPs in general don't think on those terms. We don't fawn over Ground nor do we aim to destroy it. Fedex was never in love with us so we don't feel jilted like Express. Successful ISPs and contractors See this for what it is: a profession.

Goldilocks

Met Dave when he presented 2 of our employees with their safe driving 25 year jacket. He acted very rushed like he did not want to be there. Very fake. Or maybe he just didn't want to be around the trashy couriers. After all, thats how they make. us feel

hypo hanna

True. But it's not about "love" at Ground. Not the silly "Purple Promise" or "Entrepreneur of the Year". Successful contractors and ISPs in general don't think on those terms. We don't fawn over Ground nor do we aim to destroy it. Fedex was never in love with us so we don't feel jilted like Express. Successful ISPs and contractors See this for what it is: a profession.
And that's because both your contract with the corporation and your mandates are very much different then express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Met Dave when he presented 2 of our employees with their safe driving 25 year jacket. He acted very rushed like he did not want to be there. Very fake. Or maybe he just didn't want to be around the trashy couriers. After all, thats how they make. us feel

I've also met Dave...several times. A master politician with the Disney-boy charm and look. All very fake and definitely beneath him to have to mingle with sweaty couriers. Whenever one of these bozos come to visit, we switch IDs so they address us like "Hi Steve, thanks for doing a great job", or "Dan, I've heard great things about you". Except your name is Rafael.

bbsam

Staff member
And that's because both your contract with the corporation and your mandates are very much different then express.
But times have changed. Folks here remember hoe Memphis loved couriers. That's gone and it seems like some can't move on to the new company /employee relationship without a vicious, impotent hatred.

hypo hanna

But times have changed. Folks here remember hoe Memphis loved couriers. That's gone and it seems like some can't move on to the new company /employee relationship without a vicious, impotent hatred.
That hatred is understandable IMO. In many cases those same people made 25 or 30 years of sacrifices for this company, and now that they are getting close to their payoff, a comfortable retirement, the company has decided to renig on its end of the bargain. All the while, taking in insane profits and paying themselves handsomely.
Yes they are bitter, and rightfully so.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure he hated being there like he was in a landfill or something. What's baffling is why he was there in the first place? Couldn't have been just for 25 year safe driving jackets.

chrisgumm

My manager went over the gory details today. The scores were way down from last year's already dismal numbers. Some highlights from some of most looked at areas:

1. Benefit programs meet most employee needs

Down 30% across the country

2. FedEx follows the PSP Philosophy

Down 27% across the country

3. Rules and procedures don't interfere with how I do my job.

Down 32% across the country

What a dumpster fire!

MAKAVELI

And the funny thing is it's only going to get worse. Upper management can put on a show all they want. But the only numbers they really care about is the stock price.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My manager went over the gory details today. The scores were way down from last year's already dismal numbers. Some highlights from some of most looked at areas:

1. Benefit programs meet most employee needs

Down 30% across the country

2. FedEx follows the PSP Philosophy

Down 27% across the country

3. Rules and procedures don't interfere with how I do my job.

Down 32% across the country

What a dumpster fire!
I'm sure the real scores are even lower than that.