Sheeted pkg during lunch as ni1, again....

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And what about refrigerated meds?
Sent using BrownCafe App
If it's refrigerated, it meets the definition of "perishables" however I've found most refrigerated meds aren't usually shipper release. Once in a while I'll find one that is, but things like insulin and some chemo treatments that are climate controlled are really expensive and not usually SR.

novadriver

a lil off topic, but today a lil kid jumped on the back of my truck after i delivered a pkg, luckily we have those rear cams or else hed be a squid

CHALLY9TX

If it's refrigerated, it meets the definition of "perishables" however I've found most refrigerated meds aren't usually shipper release. Once in a while I'll find one that is, but things like insulin and some chemo treatments that are climate controlled are really expensive and not usually SR.

I brought up meds because we get a lot of them that are refrigerated and are DR. Brought one back once and that pkg was used as an example of something to never bring back and DR regardless of area/situation. This is the pkg I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was sure would get stolen. It sucks but any pkg I get that is DR will be DRd no matter what. This is what management wants.

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

a lil off topic, but today a lil kid jumped on the back of my truck after i delivered a pkg, luckily we have those rear cams or else hed be a squid
Did you make your 30?,or did they extend the probation. Your previous post didn't answer that. Hopefully you weren't going to back up after you made your delivery. Back first super nova! Lol.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Good service is doing what the customer asks. Flowers, meat and refrigerated medicine are all time sensitive shipments that the customer knows is coming and we need to leave it.
To many of you are way, way over-thinking shipper release.

What everyone seems to be missing is the shipper is our customer, not the subject getting the packages. Sure the people getting the pkgs should be treated with good customer service but ultimately it's the shipper who pays the bills and like it or not, agree or not, whom decides how they want their package delivered. Cost of doing business, that's what tax write-offs are for.

Idk, trying not to worry about all that... just living the american dream, moving boxes...

OP, you have no idea whether or not you're qualified yet? I call
:bsbullf:
For someone who is either going to lose an $80k job or keep it, you sure are lackadaisical with getting info.

novadriver

Got a late air today loll... No map and cheap cell phone with crappy gps... 3hrs to deliver 9 pkgs ... pitiful... no area knowledge of the county i was in...

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

That's exactly what it says.

It's somewhat sad you cannot comprehend basic English.
I asked PT OMS running the Saturday Air show this morning about DR shipper release packages at a closed business. He thought that would be crazy. Says they still get driver follow ups and claims for shipper release packages. The note on shipper release says CAN leave. Not have to leave. Use a little common sense. Unless it says DR first attempt.

PT Car Washer

Got a late air today loll... No map and cheap cell phone with crappy gps... 3hrs to deliver 9 pkgs ... pitiful... no area knowledge of the county i was in...
I had 24 stops and 40 miles in town in about 3 hours. Several apartments. After 20 years I still carry a paper map and not very many Saturdays does it just sit in the back. No smart phone and no GPS receiver.

By The Book

It was rural in another county like 20-30mins away, but ive never delivered out there, had no map, my tiny cell phone with gps sucks.. i wont enjoy this weekend either.. sup said i suck, i told him i know...
Sometimes you just can't get them all delivered by the commit times. Even a seniority driver helping out on a Saturday that knows where every stop is can have lates if there put in a situation of too many stops and too many miles. A lot of posters are curious if you made it as a full time driver, as am I.

novadriver

Sometimes you just can't get them all delivered by the commit times. Even a seniority driver helping out on a Saturday that knows where every stop is can have lates if there put in a situation of too many stops and too many miles. A lot of posters are curious if you made it as a full time driver, as am I.

idk yet, and i guess now i have a late air, i really really dont know...

novadriver

another driver had a late air today to, hes been there 6yrs... he told me dont worry about it but i cant help but worry lol