Shooting at Oregon Community College

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Guns have uses other than to kill. Otherwise target shooting would not be an Olympic sport.

I don't see people with target pistols shooting-up schools. Competitive shooters don't use weapons like those on the street and you know it. I have a world-class competitive shooter in my immediate family and I've seen the kind of guns he uses. Weird custom stocks and grips, plus elaborate sights. Also very expensive.

Sorry, but you're still at .000 as an average. Imagine Randy Johnson pitching to a mannequin.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why don't the Republican presidential candidates allow guns at their campaign events? We thought they loved guns...

GOP Candidates to Make Every Campaign Event "Mandatory Gun Zone"

I'm waiting for the day when a TeaCon crazy takes out The Donald or some other candidate they disagree with. Not hoping it will happen, just saying that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it did.

tourists24

I'm waiting for the day when a TeaCon crazy takes out The Donald or some other candidate they disagree with. Not hoping it will happen, just saying that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it did.
Which Teacon crazies are your talking about? Which ones are doing these shootings you speak of?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
oh, dear .
Now they say he committed suicide .
That he has the same amount of black parents as the potus .
That he gave a student a package for the police , perhaps his manifesto .

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Actually, the per capita murder rate as well as the overall number of murders and murders committed with guns has been steadily decreasing since 1993. This in spite of the fact that the number of guns in private ownership as well as the number of people with concealed carry permits has dramatically increased during that same timeframe. As far as what happened in Roseburg (190 miles south of where I sit at this moment) I have very little factual information about the tragedy except for two things; it happened in a posted "gun free" zone, and it ended when a good guy with a gun shot and killed the bad guy with the gun.
Since the medical examiner has determined that the shooter commited suicide should we assume he was both a good guy and a bad guy with a gun?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
His own father , who did talk to him on a regular basis , told CNN that he had no knowledge of him having guns .
But he and his mother regularly went to a range to shoot . And that the mother had her own collection of weapons , which she bragged about on social media . In a posting about open carry , she stated that she had an AR,AK,Tek-9,Glock 21 (not 22), Sig Sauer P226 , which she would openly carry but found her shotguns to be a little to cumbersome for the job .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
His own father , who did talk to him on a regular basis , told CNN that he had no knowledge of him having guns .
But he and his mother regularly went to a range to shoot . And that the mother had her own collection of weapons , which she bragged about on social media . In a posting about open carry , she stated that she had an AR,AK,Tek-9,Glock 21 (not 22), Sig Sauer P226 , which she would openly carry but found her shotguns to be a little to cumbersome for the job .

They sound like gun nuts. Interesting you would comment on the shooter being mixed-race like the President. Why is that even important? Did you discuss this with your Grand Dragon?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"Conflict" defined: Having a sincere belief in peace, non-violence, tolerance, love, and forgiveness to one's fellow man....while at the same time secretly hoping that an armed lunatic shows up in Roseburg and takes out the Westboro Baptist Church picketers BEFORE they can follow through on their hateful plans to protest and disrupt the funerals of the UCC victims.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Conflict" defined: Having a sincere belief in peace, non-violence, tolerance, love, and forgiveness to one's fellow man....while at the same time secretly hoping that an armed lunatic shows up in Roseburg and takes out the Westboro Baptist Church picketers BEFORE they can follow through on their hateful plans to protest and disrupt the funerals of the UCC victims.

You know, I wouldn't be too broken-up if someone took out he Westboro Baptist crowd, which is wrong. But it feels somehow OK to think about it. Roseburg is logger country, and the WBC won't get a friendly reception.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know, I wouldn't be too broken-up if someone took out he Westboro Baptist crowd, which is wrong. But it feels somehow OK to think about it. Roseburg is logger country, and the WBC won't get a friendly reception.
I would regard it as karma.

Why oppose karma?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In this context it would merely mean that the hate that the Westboro Baptist Church has spewed forth would be returned to them.
Yes, it's a commonly accepted misuse of the concept of Karma.
Either way I'd say celebrating another's misfortune no matter what you think of that person brings it's own karma implications.

MAKAVELI

Yes, it's a commonly accepted misuse of the concept of Karma.
Either way I'd say celebrating another's misfortune no matter what you think of that person brings it's own karma implications.
And that's exactly why anyone who truly understands and believes in the concept wouldn't make such an ignorant comment.