should I stay or should I go now? Would you stay here for the money?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe the correct quote as my dad always told me was, "a pot to piss in."

Its a persons choice to go into management, no one forces them. I don't feel sorry for a managers workload. I bet there's a lot of stress thats beyond their control though. Not for me.

Yoda.

I guess management probably feels the same way about drivers.
​No forced them to go into driving and no one has to stay.

U

uber

Yoda.

I guess management probably feels the same way about drivers.
​No forced them to go into driving and no one has to stay.

Not every driver is a miserable bastard as much as management would like to think.

This message board is a vocal minority.

flying dutchman

I hope you guys don't mind me butting in but I would like to tell you my little story, ive worked for ups 5 years PT and I am an air driver and cover driver during Christmas and peak but im still the bottom guy in the 3 of us that do it. I have my cdl lincinces and im 23 years old and work at a small center.
I really can say l like my job but the bs that you have to put up with most every day is unreal and it seems at our building its worse then others. (from what I hear) but anyways what im getting at is I have turned down 2 full time jobs at 2 different ltl trucking companys in the last 6 moths and why have I did that because of retirement at least we still have one.most everyone else does not. this contract that we are voting in sucks don't get me wrong. but all anyone has now days is a 401k and I just would like to think one day in the future I might be able to have something more.. people don't retire now days that is just a over used term of what it used to be like. ups drivers and very few other people still do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not every driver is a miserable bastard as much as management would like to think.

This message board is a vocal minority.

I know, you were not the best person to reply to about miserable drivers ... I was just offering an alternate view to your statement.
I've never seen you posting "miserable" posts. :peaceful:

I don't think management has the view that drivers are miserable ... the vast majority just come in and do their job and are OK with the job.
Brown Cafe is for everyone but it does tend to attract the "miserable" but its still a family and community for UPSers.