Should you or Shouldn't you, tip your preloader?

HBGPreloader

IMHO, if you get tips from your customers, then you should, at least, throw a little something towards your loaders - even if they're not that good.

From what I've seen over the few (too many) years I've been at UPS, most of the preloaders try to do what they can with what they got - which really isn't much these days because, now days, "training" mainly consists of spending too much time watching videos and not enough time getting properly trained on how to correctly load the cars.

This is in part due to the fact that most of the current supervisors were hired off the street and never loaded a package car. I try to do what I can to inform the the new hires on how to properly load the cars. But, I still have to worry about loading my cars.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I tell the loader: "It's not that much, but it's tax free and I do appreciate what you do."

I'm quite sure I would spoil a lady loader. LOL
Other than a stare at my :censored2: and the occassional friendly hug from a couple of drivers...I don't want or expect to be treated any different than the guys I load next to....that's one of the things I like about Brown.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Can we have a glimpse at that :censored2: so we can also stare???/lol
:rofl: funny thing is...it's not like I wear yoga pants to work or anything. Just regular cutoff shorts...above the knee. Couple of female sups so desperate for attention stuff themselves in pants 3 sizes too small (holy camel toe!)...and they shouldn't...lmao.

EastBrown N Down

First, the whole load my truck right or I'll punch you in the face... yeah ok tough guy typist. Next I think a genuine thank you is important. More so than a superficial tip. At the same time, constructive criticism is also important to become a better loader. Tipping your driver? WHAT? The reason I do not custom load is because one driver who demands his airs on the back of the truck.. when he gets a late one he blames me for "wrong section" even though he demands it and freaks out if they are in the pal'd section. Finally I do not think a tip is automatic, but please remember we are forced to load 1200 plus in 5 hrs or less, plus sending bulk down the line, it's not even peak yet and I have done 5 car pulls already.. every number in exact sequence is ideal but not always practical or even possible.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Not sure if this is a joke thread or not, but no you shouldn't tip your preloader. The media put out list of all these people you should start tipping and it's getting out of hand. If you aren't a cab driver, a barber, waitress or anything of the norm that gets a tip then no you don't get a tip. You get paid to do your job, if you don't like the pay you should quit. Getting your preloader a present at the end of the year would be a good gesture but tipping them will start a bad trend.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I always tipped my loader. I also tipped my mechanic. I would get a reasonable amount of tips from customers out on my country route. I ran a route that was 90% residential and very rarely even saw my customers so I thought I wouldn't make out very well on tips but I averaged about $600.00/year for the 14 years I had the route.

Tipping your loader gives them incentive to do well and I always saw an improvement after peak. The last 5 years I had the same loader and she tried very hard to do well. I communicated with her many times about the load and my wants. She got progressively better as the weeks went on. Money talks!

watdaflock?

lube up and bend over...probably the only tip you'll get this Xmas.
Getting lube (for once) could actually be my Xmas gift. They usually screw me being at the end of the line by putting all the seasonal temps in front of me.

I guess when you're an awesome preloader they do that to ya.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Speaking of :censored2: the correct spelling is you're.
Whoa....first of all...he was talking to
ME, not you...and it was an inside joke. Secondly, who the hell are you calling a :censored2:.."Mr I went to college but I 'choose' to hump cardboard for :censored2: an hour, and somehow think I'm better than everyone else"?? Yeah, with your conceited little attitude, you'll be raking in the Xmas tips this year! Lmao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
ME, not you...and it was an inside joke. Secondly, who the hell are you calling a :censored2:.."Mr I went to college but I 'choose' to hump cardboard for :censored2: an hour, and somehow think I'm better than everyone else"?? Yeah, with your conceited little attitude, you'll be raking in the Xmas tips this year! Lmao
Ah snap here we go, it's on now lmfao:clubbing:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Getting lube (for once) could actually be my Xmas gift. They usually screw me being at the end of the line by putting all the seasonal temps in front of me.

I guess when you're an awesome preloader they do that to ya.
If you're awesome...it shouldn't matter where on the line they put you...and your tips would speak for themselves.

watdaflock?

Relax Francis. I was just razzin' him.....

I'm getting the feeling you don't have much of a sense of humor and many comments go over your head.