Sick Days

XFILED

Taking 5 sick days your attendence will still be at a acceptable level...
Where I'm at they cry about attendence so usually 8 in a year is a safe number before you go below acceptable levels...
They make us sign OLCC's now everytime you call in sick to sign off on your Percentage..

vantexan

I sold two weeks of vacation, and had that plus sick day bonus on one paycheck. Set my dependents at 99 to minimize income tax. Netted $2400 which I used to pay off bills, buy iPad, and Ridekick trailer. Those are helping me save more money. Point is you can shake a fist at them or learn ins and outs to help yourself. They don't care about me but I do. I'm saving money on gas, newspapers, books. You could do similar, or 5 years from now you can still be shaking fist at them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Taking 5 sick days your attendence will still be at a acceptable level...
Where I'm at they cry about attendence so usually 8 in a year is a safe number before you go below acceptable levels...
They make us sign OLCC's now everytime you call in sick to sign off on your Percentage..

That's correct. You now have to sign an OLCC for every sick day, a helpful reminder for you. I forget the name of the program, but it's all done in our best interests, of course.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And it will accomplish what?

It will send a message about how incredibly happy we are. I want to be just like you...a happy, contented, employee that cruises along on autopilot thinking everything is just hunky-dory. That's what you want Dano, stupid, uninformed robots that work hard for nothing in return.

Where do I sign up for The SHEEP program, or is it the SHILL program? Can I do it in PRISM, or do I have to go through my manager? I dont know how you live with yourself sometimes. Isn't there a high bridge nearby where you can practice your bungee-jumping?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It will send a message about how incredibly happy we are.

It will send a message that an employee took some of his allotted sick time. Just because you intend it to be a big message about your personal level of unhappiness doesn't mean it will be perceived as such. If you want to send a message, take all of your sick days plus a few more. That might get someone's attention.

I want to be just like you...a happy, contented, employee that cruises along on autopilot thinking everything is just hunky-dory. That's what you want Dano, stupid, uninformed robots that work hard for nothing in return.

Where do I sign up for The SHEEP program, or is it the SHILL program? Can I do it in PRISM, or do I have to go through my manager? I dont know how you live with yourself sometimes. Isn't there a high bridge nearby where you can practice your bungee-jumping?

How's retirement? :-D

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It will send a message that an employee took some of his allotted sick time. Just because you intend it to be a big message about your personal level of unhappiness doesn't mean it will be perceived as such. If you want to send a message, take all of your sick days plus a few more. That might get someone's attention.

When you go jumping, do it without the bungee, OK?

How's retirement? :-D

59 Dano

Let me know how your late September sickout works out! I'm sure it'll go as well as the other things you've planned. Is your failing in planning or execution?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let me know how your late September sickout works out! I'm sure it'll go as well as the other things you've planned. Is your failing in planning or execution?

Neither. How's the shill business these days? Seems like more people than ever are tuning-in. Guess you better come up with something different because people aren't buying it (your crap).

fedex435

I called my manager last week to see if we had somebody to run my route, my first sick call in my 10 years with FedEx, he said we didn't and that he'd have to run the route. Like an idiot I said forget it, I'd come in and run it. Why did I do that? I don't know. I was really sick. Up all night hanging out in the bathroom. I slept a total of an hour. Longest day ever the next day. I had the hardest time staying awake on my drive back to my station. I actually fell asleep and went off the road once. One would think that when a guy calls in for the first time in 10 years he would get the benefit of doubt and the manager would think he must really be sick....nope, not the case. No thank you, no nothing....MY fault i guess for giving a damn but good god this company is something else....

Mr Fedex

Banned
I called my manager last week to see if we had somebody to run my route, my first sick call in my 10 years with FedEx, he said we didn't and that he'd have to run the route. Like an idiot I said forget it, I'd come in and run it. Why did I do that? I don't know. I was really sick. Up all night hanging out in the bathroom. I slept a total of an hour. Longest day ever the next day. I had the hardest time staying awake on my drive back to my station. I actually fell asleep and went off the road once. One would think that when a guy calls in for the first time in 10 years he would get the benefit of doubt and the manager would think he must really be sick....nope, not the case. No thank you, no nothing....MY fault i guess for giving a damn but good god this company is something else....
it is your fault.I love my job but i would never risk my life for it.Next time call your manager and tell em you're not coming in.They cannot force you.Its against the law.They give you any crap just hang up and go back to bed.Your obligation to to phone a manager.That's it.They may require a doctors note for you to get paid but that is the managers discretion.All joking aside,don't listen to these guys saying for everyone to call out to disrupt the operation.

fedex435

You're correct, I should have stayed home. I would think my manager would appreciate me coming to work so he wouldn't have to run my route. I've seen too many people making B.S. sick calls not giving a crap about how it affects the station. I don't want to be that guy. I take pride in my work and do a good job for this company even though I'm becoming increasingly disgruntled. My managers non reaction is the culture of this company. Nobody seems to care about anyone or anything except for themselves. That goes for upper management all the way down to the couriers

XFILED

That's correct. You now have to sign an OLCC for every sick day, a helpful reminder for you. I forget the name of the program, but it's all done in our best interests, of course.

We also have to do the same thing for Punctuality....If you fall below 96.8%(Below Satisfactory) for either Attendance or Punctuality they put you in PIP.

hypo hanna

Best to go in sick and highly contagious. Be sure to spread it around to co workers, management and customers. Do not wash your hands, do not cover when you sneeze. (particularly in the direction of that idiot manager you hate). Get that stuff on every pkg, every doorknob and phone. Be generous with your germs.

Much more effective method for disrupting the operation then a one day sick out. When half the station is working at half capacity, they might rethink their policy.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sad-little:
:sick::sick::sick:

Last edited:

Artee

Depending on what state you are in you can use half your sick days as Kin Care days. They cannot count that against you as a sick day.

vantexan

Best to go in sick and highly contagious. Be sure to spread it around to co workers, management and customers. Do not wash your hands, do not cover when you sneeze. (particularly in the direction of that idiot manager you hate). Get that stuff on every pkg, every doorknob and phone. Be generous with your germs.

Much more effective method for disrupting the operation then a one day sick out. When half the station is working at half capacity, they might rethink their policy.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sad-little:
:sick::sick::sick:

I'm very adverse to driving when I can barely stand.

hypo hanna

I'm just saying if you want them to change such a stupid policy. They certianly arent going to do it because its the ethical thing to do.

vantexan

I'm just saying if you want them to change such a stupid policy. They certianly arent going to do it because its the ethical thing to do.

Oh, I know, but still I've been sick onroad and the thought of that will keep me home. Might be fun though if a third of the station were really sick and all showed up. I mean throwing up, high fever, falling down sick. They'd probably be legally liable for sending us out.

Ricochet1a

Oh, I know, but still I've been sick onroad and the thought of that will keep me home. Might be fun though if a third of the station were really sick and all showed up. I mean throwing up, high fever, falling down sick. They'd probably be legally liable for sending us out.

They absolutely would...

If you got into an accident, and the investigation revealed that you were obviously ill before you took to the road - Express would have liability not just for the accident, but would be subjected to enhanced damages for KNOWINGLY sending out an employee who was ill onto the road.

All it would take would be an attorney (suing Express for damages resultant to an accident), to subpoena witnesses to the drivers physical state prior to operating the vehicle, and Presto!!! extra damages for his client. Obviously the witnesses would be coworkers - the management would lie through their teeth, "Oh, he looked in perfect health prior to leaving the building, God's honest truth" (as everyone ducks for cover from the impending lightning strike).

59 Dano

Neither. How's the shill business these days? Seems like more people than ever are tuning-in. Guess you better come up with something different because people aren't buying it (your crap).

Maybe I should promise to retire and then not do it. Maybe when I'm done with that I can say that I'm leaving BC to take up a different line of attack via a new website that I'm going to create and then not do that. As an encore, I can threaten to take some sick days (to send a message! LOL) and then not do that, too.

You aren't going to do anything and I don't know why you still come here and act as if you are.