Sick of hearing from customers, "working late, huh?"

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
For crying out loud. When many of us started, there were no guaranteed eight-hour days.

And as far as most other Americans, there are many salaried people who work much more than 40 hours/week for way less money than a full scale driver earns.

And, if you want to get into the professions, ask your doctor or lawyer how many hours they put in.

Freaking entitled D*'s.
My mom is Director of Training and Development for a 5 billion dollar company. Spends 3 months a year in Europe. Works almost as many hours as most of the drivers in my building. Our feeder driver makes more money than she does.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My mom is Director of Training and Development for a 5 billion dollar company. Spends 3 months a year in Europe. Works almost as many hours as most of the drivers in my building. Our feeder driver makes more money than she does.

Like I said, freaking entitled D*'s.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ups run their people into the ground....

UPS is one of the few companies that actually gets a full days worth of production out of their employees. Statistics show that most office employees really only do productive work anywhere 2-5 hours were day. The rest of the time is talking, going to the bathroom, on social media, etc. So you call it running them into the ground, UPS calls it getting their money's worth.

Cementups

Box Monkey
A full-time driver in Central PA with 6 weeks of vacation, a week of sick and a week of option days (if they use them all) and 8 paid holidays only really works 213 of the 365 days of the year. So you have 1/3 of the year off. Not too shabby for $85k+/year

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS is one of the few companies that actually gets a full days worth of production out of their employees. Statistics show that most office employees really only do productive work anywhere 2-5 hours were day. The rest of the time is talking, going to the bathroom, on social media, etc. So you call it running them into the ground, UPS calls it getting their money's worth.
Shouldn't have to kill yourself for a fair days work... Too many people here are getting hurt and having operations and lost time injuries...is that ups' way of getting their money's worth ???

Cementups

Box Monkey
Shouldn't have to kill yourself for a fair days work... Too many people here are getting hurt and having operations and lost time injuries...is that ups' way of getting their money's worth ???

lol. 22 years at UPS and never had a lost time injury. This past Labor Day weekend I rolled a go kart and broke my shoulder and haven't worked in 12 weeks. And it was't because I was overworked. Funny how that happens.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
lol. 22 years at UPS and never had a lost time injury. This past Labor Day weekend I rolled a go kart and broke my shoulder and haven't worked in 12 weeks. And it was't because I was overworked. Funny how that happens.
Glad you have had a safe career...many others haven't...did you have to have surgery on the shoulder ??

Cementups

Box Monkey
Glad you have had a safe career...many others haven't...did you have to have surgery on the shoulder ??

No. No surgery. Just 2-3 months of the bone healing. And therapy. Lots and lots of therapy so I can return to work. It can't get hear fast enough. I'm bored silly and I'm getting fat. I love being lazy, just hate the consequences.

wayfair

swollen member
No. No surgery. Just 2-3 months of the bone healing. And therapy. Lots and lots of therapy so I can return to work. It can't get hear fast enough. I'm bored silly and I'm getting fat. I love being lazy, just hate the consequences.

watch that diet and get some cardio in man!!

I broke my leg years back, out the summer, gained 60 pounds... couldn't do cardio

(or stop eating fajitas)....

wayfair

swollen member
The reason I am still here. Plus I know I can never find a PT job that pays $33/hr with full benefits and 7 weeks paid vacation a year. Guess I must be spoiled.

you must remind them the years you have spent with the company..

We've got a clerk that's been here 40+ years, millionaire by now