SIGN IT

UPSmechanicinblue

We’ve had 20+ years of non-participatory Unionism by union members an at UPS and it has gotten us where we are now. Being in the union requires being active otherwise you get the kind of leader ship at locals and the international who just don’t care. I’m all for getting people involved, however possible.
1997 UPS strike got me very active in the union, if that would never have happened i probably would have never gotten involved. I was young very little knowledge about unions like most now. . I was like wow when I seen the power of the union to shut down a big corp like UPS. If anything hopefully all this gets more members involved, so far I am seeing that happening already

Thebrownblob

1997 UPS strike got me very active in the union, if that would never have happened i probably would have never gotten involved. I was young very little knowledge about unions like most now. . I was like wow when I seen the power of the union to shut down a big corp like UPS. If anything hopefully all this gets more members involved, so far I am seeing that happening already
Same for me brother.

Trash Panda

He’d rather go play and splash in the pool like a kid than join his union brothers showing solidarity …it is what is 🤷‍♂️ he’s scared
🧔‍♂️✊
Cut me some slack! As it is, we missed two weeks pool time being away on vacation! Add to that the price of pool maintenance. Chlorine is expensive. Plus the wife just bought new outdoor furniture. Summer is short!
Plenty of full-timers with big ol trucks. We’ll put our tall kiddie pools in the back so you can splash it up! Gotta hold the line with cool solutions right?

Zowert

We already voted to authorize a strike. This may be an unpopular opinion and frankly I don’t care, but this seems like desperation on our end. We just need to stand strong and shut UPS down. If the vote to authorize a strike didn't phase them then they definitely won’t care about a bunch of online signatures. It is time to let our actions speak for themselves and walk off the job August 1st.

vvv

We already voted to authorize a strike. This may be an unpopular opinion and frankly I don’t care, but this seems like desperation on our end. We just need to stand strong and shut UPS down. If the vote to authorize a strike didn't phase them then they definitely won’t care about a bunch of online signatures. It is time to let our actions speak for themselves and walk off the job August 1st.
I could not agree more brother.

Contract offer proposed to union on the 5th of July was deemed garbage by higher ranking reps......strike authorization was already given by voting membership..... if THEY don't reach out to US by 7/31 then it's very simple..... we WALK OFF on 8/1 cut & dry and let the chips fall where they may.

We are not puppets nor beggars.

Zowert

Sean said we wouldnt work one day past this contract without a new one.
There is no way for him to back outta that statement.
You’re right. The only way I can see an extension is through a handshake deal. If UPS makes an 11th hour offer that Sean deems worthy of a membership vote. He could ask us to hold off on picketing for a short period while they finalize things and put it up for vote. Other than that, I see a strike very likely.

vvv

Sean said we wouldnt work one day past this contract without a new one.
There is no way for him to back outta that statement.
Not at this point, and I really am not one for granting extensions as you are just giving them a crutch to lean on.
That way your words are credible to them not only now but down the line when another contract follows.

over9five

Staff member
Not at this point, and I really am not one for granting extensions as you are just giving them a crutch to lean on.
That way your words are credible to them not only now but down the line when another contract follows.
Exactly. He has said it so many times, his whole reputation will be set in stone on August 1st.