Signature or no Signature?

Anthonysg0113

Yes flowers are a DR first attempt and I have left flowers at a closed business on Saturday. No way would I leave a shipper release package at a closed business on a Saturday. Just asking for trouble.
I thought that is why shipper release was created. The shipper has taken the responsibility of what happens to the pkg. I would be upset if I saw a shipper release air on me come Monday morning.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes flowers are a DR first attempt and I have left flowers at a closed business on Saturday. No way would I leave a shipper release package at a closed business on a Saturday. Just asking for trouble.

Asking for trouble by following the methods down to the letter? You wouldn't even need to file a grievance to get that letter filed right in the garbage

S

selfcancelsignal

0=Other; Front Desk
I prefer 0, Other, Reception, scan info notice, leave the notice at some businesses, crumple & pitch it at others. If this isn't a proper method at a business, why is it even allowed to occur in said screen? Gray area.

AKCoverMan

Great, that's why you just use One other, at the bottom of the DR screen.

0= Other, Front Desk. Be on your way. I used to do it frequently, never been sat down even once
Problem is you were charging all of these commercial customers a residential surcharge on every package if you sheet it like a resi DR.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sorry thought you were talking about DRing regular commercial.

Oh, no I'd never do that one. Just shipper releases. Although, I never could understand why when you scan a shipper release, it says it can be left anywhere, but you stillbhave to driver release it.

A driver release is me using my discretion to leave a package, where with a SR, the customer has paid for this level of service

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You will get the sit down with Non Delivery, Other, Other.
Delivery, Other, Other, will force you to scan a delivery notice for where you put the parcel.
It will ask you to leave a delivery notice indicating where the package was left. You are not forced to scan it.

Packmule

So, you have a ground delivery to a Business, no signature paid for or required.
No one is at the front desk, you DR front desk and be on your way?
Just wondering as there has been some discussion about this.
We were recently told by mgt that a releasable pkg going to a business must be released even if we are leaving it on the sidewalk by the front door. Mind boggling to me, but we are told the shipper eats it, not us.

Grey

We were recently told by mgt that a releasable pkg going to a business must be released even if we are leaving it on the sidewalk by the front door. Mind boggling to me, but we are told the shipper eats it, not us.

So bottom line, leave a SR package 100% regardless of buisness/resi?

Grey

You don't have to type anything after hitting RELNUM, just hit deliver, stop complete.

Ok thanks. What is the other option on the touch screen between SDN and RELNUM (bottom row) when you hit Deliver and the No DR screen comes up? I can't remember off the top of my head...