Snow Hammer....Feeders

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We took a beating in the Midwest last night and today. Five of us had to shut it down early on the road and get rescued. I ended up working over 18 hours, a few worked around 16 and 17, and the last guy was still out there, and probably was working on a 21 to 22 hour day.

No time left for Friday. ?:^}

Dracula

All of us were forced to get off the road at 14hrs or 11hrs drive time. So at 14 or 11, they instructed us to go to "other work". But they had to come get us. And I was nearly two hours away from the building, and in line to get picked up. I ended up waiting 3 hours for my ride. The wait and our rides back to the building are considered travel time. There is no limit on travel time, other than the 60 hour weekly limit. So, starting last night, when I started, I had 23 hours available for Wed. and Thurs. But between my work time and travel time, I worked over 18 hours, which left me with less than 5 hours for tonight, even though I would have to be off 10 hours from the time I finished tonight. They asked if I wanted to come in tomorrow and shift for a few hours, but I told them no.

Dracula

I'm surprised they didn't charge you with an accident.

I've got a twin screw, so I never really slid or lost traction all day or night. What made it white knuckles for me was my wipers were freezing up, making it very hard to see out of the windshield, and the ferocious north wind made it white-out conditions. There were four or five times where the snow blew so hard at the tractor that it couldn't see in front of my headlights. Thankfully, the road was straight, and the wind let up after 4 or 5 seconds, when it blocked my view. It's a terrible feeling when you're only going 20 to 25 MPH on the interstate, and all you can do is let off the gas. No wonder the cars behind were on my ass--they wanted to make sure they kept my tail lights in view. For about 15 miles, there was absolutely nothing in front of me, and because the roads hadn't been plowed, I barely saw any tire tracks.

Next time the weather forecast is calling for blizzard and white-out conditions, I'll probably just stay home. Because if I get in an accident, they will always blame me.

We took a beating in the Midwest last night and today. Five of us had to shut it down early on the road and get rescued. I ended up working over 18 hours, a few worked around 16 and 17, and the last guy was still out there, and probably was working on a 21 to 22 hour day. No time left for Friday. ?:^}
What if you had to poop???

Dracula

What if you had to poop???

Haha...funny you should ask. The reason my whole night went south was because I drove down a hill and started to go up a steep hill. Only problem, there was a line of trucks in front of me, stopped. Apparently, a big rig jack-knifed at the top, dooming us all. I was fine for the first two hours, idling at the bottom. But during the third hour, I felt pressure building in my lower stomach. I fought it and fought it, but I finally decided I HAD to get some relief. I have a roll of paper towels that the UPS bathrooms use, in my tractor. I tore off a bunch of handy sized pieces and walked outside. I almost dropped my drawers on the side of my tractor, but I just couldn't do it. I needed to, but with all of the trucks and cars behind me, I just didn't have cover. Thankfully, in that third hour, we finally got moving, and I got to a gas station about 20 minutes on. Good thing, too. I waddled into the crapper just in time.

Haha...funny you should ask. The reason my whole night went south was because I drove down a hill and started to go up a steep hill. Only problem, there was a line of trucks in front of me, stopped. Apparently, a big rig jack-knifed at the top, dooming us all. I was fine for the first two hours, idling at the bottom. But during the third hour, I felt pressure building in my lower stomach. I fought it and fought it, but I finally decided I HAD to get some relief. I have a roll of paper towels that the UPS bathrooms use, in my tractor. I tore off a bunch of handy sized pieces and walked outside. I almost dropped my drawers on the side of my tractor, but I just couldn't do it. I needed to, but with all of the trucks and cars behind me, I just didn't have cover. Thankfully, in that third hour, we finally got moving, and I got to a gas station about 20 minutes on. Good thing, too. I waddled into the crapper just in time.
I feel for ya bro

Dracula

I was panicking, all right. It's amazing what kind of possibilities run through your mind at a time like that. "WHY did I eat all of that fiber?!?"

oldupsman

I've got a twin screw, so I never really slid or lost traction all day or night. What made it white knuckles for me was my wipers were freezing up, making it very hard to see out of the windshield, and the ferocious north wind made it white-out conditions. There were four or five times where the snow blew so hard at the tractor that it couldn't see in front of my headlights. Thankfully, the road was straight, and the wind let up after 4 or 5 seconds, when it blocked my view. It's a terrible feeling when you're only going 20 to 25 MPH on the interstate, and all you can do is let off the gas. No wonder the cars behind were on my ass--they wanted to make sure they kept my tail lights in view. For about 15 miles, there was absolutely nothing in front of me, and because the roads hadn't been plowed, I barely saw any tire tracks.

Next time the weather forecast is calling for blizzard and white-out conditions, I'll probably just stay home. Because if I get in an accident, they will always blame me.
Bottom line Drac. You're safe and the tractor is in one piece. Merry Christmas.

trouble maker

All of us were forced to get off the road at 14hrs or 11hrs drive time. So at 14 or 11, they instructed us to go to "other work". But they had to come get us. And I was nearly two hours away from the building, and in line to get picked up. I ended up waiting 3 hours for my ride. The wait and our rides back to the building are considered travel time. There is no limit on travel time, other than the 60 hour weekly limit. So, starting last night, when I started, I had 23 hours available for Wed. and Thurs. But between my work time and travel time, I worked over 18 hours, which left me with less than 5 hours for tonight, even though I would have to be off 10 hours from the time I finished tonight. They asked if I wanted to come in tomorrow and shift for a few hours, but I told them no.

Shift your ass. That's right driver!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

want to retire

Dude.......really? I could have gone the rest of my life not having a timeline of your dump!

brett636

I had my longest day yesterday as well. About 30 miles from the building there were two bad accidents about 2 miles apart in front of me. Ended up sitting for quite a while before they got cleaned up. It was fun for the first hour or so because it was easy money. Afterwards it became tiresome and I just wanted to go home. lol