Sorting during lunch

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Guilty as charged, have 45 min lunch and take 15 or 20 min to set up my resi stops, ireg stops rd, and any savers I might miss. Makes my day so stress free and follow the methods 110%. The job is so easier when organized.
I work stress free and never touch the load during lunch. I get more overtime that way too, so it is a double bonus for me.

UPSER110

Guilty as charged, have 45 min lunch and take 15 or 20 min to set up my resi stops, ireg stops rd, and any savers I might miss. Makes my day so stress free and follow the methods 110%. The job is so easier when organized.

You aren't following the methods 110% if you are working during lunch. But lets think about this... say you work 1.5 hrs a week unpaid during lunch....

I will use $50/hr b/c most likely you are working over 8 every day. (this is rounding down and assuming we never get another raise)

50/hr (OT pay) x 1.5 = $75 a week
$75x48 weeks = $3,600 yr

Now think if you took that $3,600 a year you are GIVING AWAY, and paid it towards your mortgage, car, or college savings etc.

OR lets say you have a newborn at home, that you want to see 20 mins earlier, and you took that $3,600/yr and saved it for 18 years until college.
Without and interest that would be $64,800.

With 5% interest, over 18 years that 15-20 mins a day is worth $106,000!!!!!

Is it REALLY that important to sort off the clock???

Overpaid Union Thug

Working of the clock is just plain ole stupid no matter what the excuse is. And sorting is typically not necessary if PALs are visible. All I do AFTER clocking back in from lunch is go in the truck and push everything forward. Then I'll go through each section and face PALs out that aren't already. Sometimes it takes a minute. Occasionally it takes more. But I'm getting paid.

You aren't following the methods 110% if you are working during lunch. But lets think about this... say you work 1.5 hrs a week unpaid during lunch....

I will use $50/hr b/c most likely you are working over 8 every day. (this is rounding down and assuming we never get another raise)

50/hr (OT pay) x 1.5 = $75 a week
$75x48 weeks = $3,600 yr

Now think if you took that $3,600 a year you are GIVING AWAY, and paid it towards your mortgage, car, or college savings etc.

OR lets say you have a newborn at home, that you want to see 20 mins earlier, and you took that $3,600/yr and saved it for 18 years until college.
Without and interest that would be $64,800.

With 5% interest, over 18 years that 15-20 mins a day is worth $106,000!!!!!

Is it REALLY that important to sort off the clock???
Exactly.
That's a lot of beer money.

feeder05

i can't believe in 2016 drivers are still working off the clock. 15 minutes every day x5= about $55 dollars a week. So what your saying if you found $55 on the ground you would not pick it up. taking time to sort your truck on company time is not going to make or break your WOR maybe less yaking with the customers maybe

UPSER110

i can't believe in 2016 drivers are still working off the clock. 15 minutes every day x5= about $55 dollars a week. So what your saying if you found $55 on the ground you would not pick it up. taking time to sort your truck on company time is not going to make or break your WOR maybe less yaking with the customers maybe

read my math above, its so much more than $55

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I can't believe you guys stay in your truck. I need to get the hell out of it. After my bulk stop. I spend 15 mins setting up the truck for the day. My time is for me. Not them