Sorting during lunch

Holydriver

You aren't following the methods 110% if you are working during lunch. But lets think about this... say you work 1.5 hrs a week unpaid during lunch....

I will use $50/hr b/c most likely you are working over 8 every day. (this is rounding down and assuming we never get another raise)

50/hr (OT pay) x 1.5 = $75 a week
$75x48 weeks = $3,600 yr

Now think if you took that $3,600 a year you are GIVING AWAY, and paid it towards your mortgage, car, or college savings etc.

OR lets say you have a newborn at home, that you want to see 20 mins earlier, and you took that $3,600/yr and saved it for 18 years until college.
Without and interest that would be $64,800.

With 5% interest, over 18 years that 15-20 mins a day is worth $106,000!!!!!

Is it REALLY that important to sort off the clock???
Have you adjusted that 3600 for taxes?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

andrsnbkj

Sort on the clock... Lunch is your time... You are just contributing to their already unfair production standards, makes the rest of us look even more worthless in their minds
We already are worthless to them even if we do good 1 :censored2: up we get the :censored2: end of the stick

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Guilty as charged, have 45 min lunch and take 15 or 20 min to set up my resi stops, ireg stops rd, and any savers I might miss. Makes my day so stress free and follow the methods 110%. The job is so easier when organized.
I do the same thing as you do. Except for the part about setting everything up off of the clock. The job is so much easier when organized...and it also pays much better if I put every minute I spent working on my time card.

clean hairy

Work for free during lunch, you have no right to complain when your check is short.
After all, the person is saying they do not care about being paid for all time worked....
Yay, or Nay?
Perhaps a person could do a poll on this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work for free during lunch, you have no right to complain when your check is short.
After all, the person is saying they do not care about being paid for all time worked....
Yay, or Nay?
Perhaps a person could do a poll on this?

I disagree. Yes, he is freely giving them up to 45 minutes, but he is putting that time in to the DIAD and the pkg car is not moving. He most certainly has the right to complain about any payroll issues beyond that.