southern region. DOT disqualify?

AllOnTheHorses

So what happens if you disqualify at the DOT doctor (in Southern)
I am coming off of an injury. Trying to gauge my return.. pain vs. money.
I am guessing it is rare that they would DQ someone.. but if they did, what is the procedure to come back to drive?

AllOnTheHorses

Yeah that is worst case scenario! I am hoping to get some "truth" about what happens.. shifted to part time position? terminated? when would I be able to retake DOT physical?
Any info?

barnyard

KTM rider
Once the treating physician says you are at maximum medical improvement, you will go get your physical. If you do not pass, no card, no driving. Check your supplement for non-driving 22.3 jobs. I have heard rumblings about them, but have never seen one.

If it is a comp case, your state comp laws will cover what is going to happen next. If it is an off the job injury, you will be out of luck.

AllOnTheHorses

yep. that's my dilemma. Off job injury.. don't want to lose the insurance/driver income.. so it's an internal debate at this point. Go back with the pain? How long will that hold out.. especially at peak. That's my situation.

AllOnTheHorses

I appreciate the stark truth.
Actually I had not put that together.. that DOT might just filter me out as a matter of course.
I will still go through it though. Thanks.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When I failed my DOT , I was allowed to stay on my current bid (22.3) , but without driving . Just worked the Customer Counter and did same day WC with some ECS included instead .
My building has a full time preload , where most folks end up .
Look around and see if your area has any unfilled 22.3 jobs . They will be the jobs nobody really wants .
Carwash / preload always has openings .

AllOnTheHorses

When I failed my DOT , I was allowed to stay on my current bid (22.3) , but without driving . Just worked the Customer Counter and did same day WC with some ECS included instead .
My building has a full time preload , where most folks end up .
Look around and see if your area has any unfilled 22.3 jobs . They will be the jobs nobody really wants .
Carwash / preload always has openings .

I appreciate that... but I am betting you were off driving because of on the job injury. (?)
Is that right?