Speaking of Tires

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I like Bridgestone BT023 Battlax Sport Tourers for my Kawasaki. Like most tires for my bike, by the time I've worn them out, that particular model is obsolete.

Oldfart

Nada?

My local guy is big on Cooper CS5. But I've seen tons of complaints re: defective tires, road noise.
Had several sets of that tire. Had great service with the tire. Good ride, lots of miles and very even wear. Discount Tire is where I go. Free shipping and lots of rebate opportunities. Tirerack has decent prices but the shipping difference makes Discount Tire cheaper most of the time.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Had several sets of that tire. Had great service with the tire. Good ride, lots of miles and very even wear. Discount Tire is where I go. Free shipping and lots of rebate opportunities. Tirerack has decent prices but the shipping difference makes Discount Tire cheaper most of the time.
I almost went with them for the wife, but my spreadsheet told me a 3 week wait for install wasn't worth that rebate. I went bat shiat crazy researching tires for 2 cars and my BMW X6M. They don't permit studded tires here and I thought a 650 HP beast needed them.

MassWineGuy

Well, maybe I'll just jump in and chance it with the Coopers. I want to get them locally because a) it keeps the local economy going, and b) he will stand behind what he sells in case of a problem. Also, free rotations and flat fixes. If the $ difference is astronomical I definitely take the Tire Rack, etc. route.

About studded tires, you can't really use them when snow clears, can you?

Future

Victory Ride
Had a Durango years ago...forgot what brand of tires it originally had ...bought Firestone Destination Ats for it ......best damn tires I ever had ....amazing in heavy snow conditions ....have and will buy again

McFeely

Huge Member
Well, maybe I'll just jump in and chance it with the Coopers. I want to get them locally because a) it keeps the local economy going, and b) he will stand behind what he sells in case of a problem. Also, free rotations and flat fixes. If the $ difference is astronomical I definitely take the Tire Rack, etc. route.

I should have clarified that I only suggested Tire Rack for research purposes. I look online there for reviews (and other places), then head to my local store for purchase/mounting. Good luck!

bacha29

With just a handful of tire plants in the world as a whole each one making brand names of tires you could have the same basic tire with several different brands on it including private label. The correct tire load rating and proper inflation often have the biggest impact on performance. As you guys all say it depends on what and where you drive and how you drive .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Do you fart on them to soften up the rubber?