Speeding Ticket

klein

Für Meno :)
Why worry about a few points ?
Taking a day off work to fight it will cost you more.
(and you'll probably lose anyways).

Does UPS really care ? I doubt it.
Heck, you can't even get fired for a DUI ! (private time).

And your auto insurance company, won't even care either.

It's nothing.

btw, I did receive points working at UPS. Once with PC car, and once private (heading to work).
No big deal.

I didn't tell. And an anual never took place, neither did a driver abstract follow-up.

P

pickup

Why worry about a few points ?
Taking a day off work to fight it will cost you more.
(and you'll probably lose anyways).

Does UPS really care ? I doubt it.
Heck, you can't even get fired for a DUI ! (private time).

And your auto insurance company, won't even care either.

It's nothing.

btw, I did receive points working at UPS. Once with PC car, and once private (heading to work).
No big deal.

I didn't tell. And an anual never took place, neither did a driver abstract follow-up.

as for the above Billy, consider the source.

you can't lose a loser. Fighting the ticket at this stage gives you two opportunities to beat it. In many states, if the cop doesn't show up, the case is dismissed(that's if you didn't postpone the first scheduled hearing). Second opportunity is if your presentation and if the judge buys it. If you didn't hassle the cop when he wrote the ticket, you would be surprised at how they seemingly screwup their side of the case in the courtroom. If you did bust the cop's chops, you will be amazed at the power of total recall he demonstrates on the day of the hearing.

Klein is right , one ticket isn't going to be the breaker. But if found guilty(either by pleading or being found to be so) , it only makes the next ticket have more repercussions.

He is right on one thing, you might have to take a day off from work.

But don't fall for that "you will probably lose anyway". Even if you buy into that statement, it still implies you might win.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They are giving out speeding tickets like candy on Halloween to support their budgets. Ive been stopped 3 times, never got a ticket. My husband has got 3 speeding tickets in the same time frame. He is fighting them. For one he had his cruise on, 2 wks after the 90 in a 55. That was bad. He was being cautious. I knew he was not speeding again. He likes living. :happy2:We are waiting on the judgement. They never gave him his discover as requested. It should have been dropped then. The cop lied so bad. She must have not remembered. From where she said she got him in radar, to where he was pulled over he would have had to back up to pick up his ticket. Well Ill keep you posted.

UPSGUY72

Good point but I don't think one speeding ticket would disqualify someone. Don't they go back 3 years?

Yes they only check the last 3 years but you need to be ticket and accident free for the proceeding year. But if he drives Sat air then that might not apply. But he still needs to report it on the annual question and anwser report.

theUPSman

He said that he got the ticket early in the morning and that he sometimes runs Saturday air which I would assume mean he is not a FT driver.

Upstate you're correct. I was in my personal vehicle. I didn't state it, but I thought it would be pretty obvious. And to the guy that said I'll probably have many more to come...my record is clean buddy!

Billy

You, and possibly many others, misunderstood what I was saying. I was making a statement about UPS drivers as a whole. How all drivers will probably be watched closer by LEO's everywhere. It was not a personal attack.( I try to never do that on-line ) When you said I got a ticket this morning I took it as you, like me, are driving a PC in the morning. I associated your time of day with what I would be doing in the morning. I commute only a few miles so I don't even count that as driving in the morning. If you want to keep that clean record you had best go to court and fight it buddy :bigsmile2:

some1else

Banned
another thing to consider guys.

IF i said i just got my 4th speeding ticket in the last two years... advice would be fight fight fight.

you have a much better chance if you fight ticket 1,2,3,4 than if you only fight the one that puts you over the limit!

btw in my county the judge automatically waves the first ticket. unless its a school zone or something crazy everyone that has gone gets a talking to then poof its gone :)

P

pickup

another thing to consider guys.

IF i said i just got my 4th speeding ticket in the last two years... advice would be fight fight fight.

you have a much better chance if you fight ticket 1,2,3,4 than if you only fight the one that puts you over the limit!

great point. That was what I trying to convey as well. Okay you got a speeding ticket, you learned you lesson and you are going to be on the straight and narrow. You pass through some jerkwater of a town and come up to the stop sign and stop. You proceeded and the gumball machines are flashing at you. The cop thinks you rolled through the stop, even though you didn't . Ticket number 2 . Unfair , yes, your problem-yes. If you fought the first ticket and got it dismissed, you have less to fear from the second ticket. Also, on that little computer screen in front of the judge, he is looking at your record. No convictions -hmm this guy is a law abiding citizen. Some convictions- hmm this guy is a reckless law breaking hooligan.

As said before if you fight it, you could still lose, If you don't fight it, you will definitely lose

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
If you would take the time to read the annual disclosure form before signing it you would notice a paragraph that states you are obligated to notify the employer about your ticket within 30 days.

EmerCond421

If you do go to court please be aware that most patrolman, after handing out a ticket, return to their vehicle and record the conversation on the back copy of theirs to "refresh" their memory in court.:knockedout: