spread the word

backinbrown

respect my authority
After weeks of delay, wild-goose chases and unfounded accusations, Rep. Hilda Solis is expected to get a confirmation vote by the full Senate tomorrow to become our next secretary of labor. There's still a chance that anti-worker senators will try more nonsense to block her appointment, so please make your voice heard now.
Contact your senators and urge them to vote for Hilda Solis.
Lost in all the Washington procedural mumbo-jumbo since the Solis nomination is the recognition that this is truly a historic moment for all of America's workers. She is a true champion of America's workers. Solis will not be your boss's secretary of labor -- she will be YOUR secretary of labor.
As the child of working class immigrants who both were members of labor unions in California, Hilda Solis is uniquely qualified to lead the Department of Labor during the current economic crisis. With hundreds of thousands of jobs being lost every week and millions of Americans struggling to make ends meet, we desperately need someone who will fight for America's workers, not just the interests of CEOs.
As secretary of labor, Solis will be responsible for ensuring that workers have safe jobs, freedom from employment discrimination, unemployment insurance, enforcement of minimum wage laws and much, much more. A labor secretary can't fix everything, but it sure will be nice to have someone in charge who actually cares about workers.
Please contact your senators and urge them to vote for confirmation of Hilda Solis as labor secretary -- no more wasting time.

In Solidarity,

Marc Laitin
Online Mobilization Coordinator, AFL-CIO
P.S. Don't forget, 78 percent of Americans support workers' freedom to form a union and bargain for a better life. Isn't it about time we had a secretary of labor who shares that position? Please contact your senators today and urge them to confirm Hilda Solis.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Are you trying to say that finally the mighty O is putting up someone who is not currently involved in a questionable situation ?
That this would be his first correct appointment .

Sammie

Are you trying to say that finally the mighty O is putting up someone who is not currently involved in a questionable situation ?
That this would be his first correct appointment .

Were there this many tax frauds in other administrations?

If people don't know enough to pay their taxes and take care of liens,
do they know enough to serve on a Presidential Cabinet?

Due to a recent Senate investigation, Hilda's husband just had to cough up about 10 grand to settle outstanding tax liens against his auto repair shop, money that's been owed for 20 years.

Hilda lobbied herself, which I thought was against the law. She was a board member of 'American Rights at Work', an organization that lobbied her fellow legislators on two bills she sponsored, the 'Employee Free Choice Act' and the 'Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act',
and she did not come forward with this conflict of interest until she was found out.

Ethics, we don't need no stinking ethics!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Were there this many tax frauds in other administrations?

If people don't know enough to pay their taxes and take care of liens,
do they know enough to serve on a Presidential Cabinet?

Due to a recent Senate investigation, Hilda's husband just had to cough up about 10 grand to settle outstanding tax liens against his auto repair shop, money that's been owed for 20 years.

Hilda lobbied herself, which I thought was against the law. She was a board member of 'American Rights at Work', an organization that lobbied her fellow legislators on two bills she sponsored, the 'Employee Free Choice Act' and the 'Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act',
and she did not come forward with this conflict of interest until she was found out.

Ethics, we don't need no stinking ethics!

Good for her, think of all the intrest they made on that money and they caught up now so who gives a dam

Sammie

Good for her, think of all the intrest they made on that money and they caught up now so who gives a dam

Pushed your button, did I? Casually overlooking what you or I would be raked over the coals for ****es me off, that's all. There are obviously two sets of rules, one for prominent people and one for ordinary stiffs who have no choice but to tow the line.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Funny how the IRS never seems to catch these tax cheats.
And what is the total $$ amount that this present administration has added to the treasury ?

av8torntn

]As secretary of labor, Solis will be responsible for ensuring that workers have safe jobs, freedom from employment discrimination, unemployment insurance, enforcement of minimum wage laws and much, much more.]

Thanks, this was enough for me to call my Senator and ask him to vote no.

wkmac

Laugh, it will be many,many years before you ever see a Republican president after that idiot Bush put this country in shambles.

Your comments reminded me of this and this!

The only difference between then and now is whose self interests the agents of plunder are benefitting.

tieguy

Banned
Laugh, it will be many,many years before you ever see a Republican president after that idiot Bush put this country in shambles.

The idiot bush had an economy that was growing at a 4.5 percent rate, had an unemployment rate in the low 4 percents until the idiot democrats took over congress. Many of the democratic leaders like obama, reed and pelosi that mock those results as if they were immune were actually in congress helping create that mess. the true idiot here is the one that thinks they can surgically blame bush for todays problems. I hope you're not one of them?

tieguy

Banned
After weeks of delay, wild-goose chases and unfounded accusations, Rep. Hilda Solis is expected to get a confirmation vote by the full Senate tomorrow to become our next secretary of labor. There's still a chance that anti-worker senators will try more nonsense to block her appointment, so please make your voice heard now.
Contact your senators and urge them to vote for Hilda Solis.
Lost in all the Washington procedural mumbo-jumbo since the Solis nomination is the recognition that this is truly a historic moment for all of America's workers. She is a true champion of America's workers. Solis will not be your boss's secretary of labor -- she will be YOUR secretary of labor.
As the child of working class immigrants who both were members of labor unions in California, Hilda Solis is uniquely qualified to lead the Department of Labor during the current economic crisis. With hundreds of thousands of jobs being lost every week and millions of Americans struggling to make ends meet, we desperately need someone who will fight for America's workers, not just the interests of CEOs.
As secretary of labor, Solis will be responsible for ensuring that workers have safe jobs, freedom from employment discrimination, unemployment insurance, enforcement of minimum wage laws and much, much more. A labor secretary can't fix everything, but it sure will be nice to have someone in charge who actually cares about workers.
Please contact your senators and urge them to vote for confirmation of Hilda Solis as labor secretary -- no more wasting time.

In Solidarity,

Marc Laitin
Online Mobilization Coordinator, AFL-CIO
P.S. Don't forget, 78 percent of Americans support workers' freedom to form a union and bargain for a better life. Isn't it about time we had a secretary of labor who shares that position? Please contact your senators today and urge them to confirm Hilda Solis.

Keep in mind that these well meaning labor types that are there to fight for the worker often do the worker more harm then good. A labor secretary that is a labor activist tends to increase the regulatory demands on business. This then increases the cost of labor to business significantly. As regulatory pressure and cost increases the amount of workers hired tends to decrease.

unionman

The idiot bush had an economy that was growing at a 4.5 percent rate, had an unemployment rate in the low 4 percents until the idiot democrats took over congress. Many of the democratic leaders like obama, reed and pelosi that mock those results as if they were immune were actually in congress helping create that mess. the true idiot here is the one that thinks they can surgically blame bush for todays problems. I hope you're not one of them?
===================
Yeah, this wasn't because Bush and his administartion let the real estate morgage securities become a house of cards and put us in this situation. I don't like pelosi either but you far right wingers put her in office with your Rush Linbaugh way of thinking. Try opening up your mind for once and look at the big picture.

wkmac

:happy-very: Tie, you remind me of the mother of the defendent in court who's son has just been convicted of serial mass murder as she exits the courtroom and tell all the media, "my son is a good boy. He's innocent and would never hurt anyone. He loves Jesus too!"

You are loyal, I'll give you that!
:wink2:
And you are correct that democrats do share in equal blame in this mess. I'll amen that for sure!

tieguy

Banned
===================
Yeah, this wasn't because Bush and his administartion let the real estate morgage securities become a house of cards and put us in this situation. I don't like pelosi either but you far right wingers put her in office with your Rush Linbaugh way of thinking. Try opening up your mind for once and look at the big picture.

Oh my mind is open just fine. The problem is pelosi , obama, reed and bush will not have to worry about their investments , house, retirement and lifestyle going up in smoke. I have no problem with Bush getting his share of the guilt for this mess. I do have a problem with the fact that voters did not throw the congressional idiots who are also responsible out on their rears.

tieguy

Banned
:happy-very: Tie, you remind me of the mother of the defendent in court who's son has just been convicted of serial mass murder as she exits the courtroom and tell all the media, "my son is a good boy. He's innocent and would never hurt anyone. He loves Jesus too!"

You are loyal, I'll give you that!
:wink2:
And you are correct that democrats do share in equal blame in this mess. I'll amen that for sure!

wkmac. take a look at the stats. The economy was actually in great shape up until january of 2008. The beginning of last year. Its amazing how quickly the economy crashed and quickly people forget how much better it was before last years crash.
Now it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that a democratic controlled congress who would like to see obama get elected president would not do anything to stop the economic decline. Doing so would have helped the republican candidate get elected. Sad but true.

unionman

wkmac. take a look at the stats. The economy was actually in great shape up until january of 2008. The beginning of last year. Its amazing how quickly the economy crashed and quickly people forget how much better it was before last years crash.
Now it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that a democratic controlled congress who would like to see obama get elected president would not do anything to stop the economic decline. Doing so would have helped the republican candidate get elected. Sad but true.

Come on, so your saying that the newly elected Democratic congress put the ka bosh on the economy to get Obama elected?
The reason the economy was humming along was because it was a false economy. People were living off there mortgages and money was being thrown around like sailors at a topless joint. Where were the regulators? I blame democrats too, Especially Barney frank, but it was Bush's presidency and he will take the fall for it in history. He is already 36th worst in history.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
check those poll numbers again, I recall that last congress with Bush in office had even lower numbers.
They actually did nothing, unlike their campaign promises of ending the war & bring our troops home. All they wanted was to be in power & they got their wish. Then the economy tanked & blamed Bush.

Well news flash........Bush is gone, dems control congress & the oval office the only ones you can throw mud at are those currently screwing you.

unionman

check those poll numbers again, I recall that last congress with Bush in office had even lower numbers.
They actually did nothing, unlike their campaign promises of ending the war & bring our troops home. All they wanted was to be in power & they got their wish. Then the economy tanked & blamed Bush.

Well news flash........Bush is gone, dems control congress & the oval office the only ones you can throw mud at are those currently screwing you.
================
Obama has been in office for 30 days and your trying to blame him for this crisis. Get a clue, your boy Bush tripled the deficit all by himself with his war to nowhere. That war is over in 18 months. Don't ask me why we attacked Iraq but its over.
We put them in power, it was the beginning of the end for the Republican party for many, many years. They had there hands tied by the master of disaster, Bush.