Stacking another drivers helper hours on my report to improve my numbers!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Driveslayer, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Driveslayer

Driveslayer Member

Over 20+ years as a Ups driver so I thought I've seen it all. I have a rural route with about 300 miles a day. I have no helper nor do I need one. Route is ridiculously tight. If you do speed limit, work efficiently while following 340 and Safe work methods you will be 1.5 hours over allowed. That being said I am quite a bit over everyday. Last week I noticed on report I'm running an hour or more under. The reports shows I've used a helper. It also shows my stop count up about 50 stops more than what I've actually did. I asked some oms clerks about it and they reluctantly told me they were instructed by management to make these adjustments in computer. So today I talked to a driver who uses 2 helpers a day He has been missing numbers for one of his helpers and he has been running about scratch. We did the math and easily came to the conclusion that mgmt is redirecting numbers to make my numbers look good. We are waiting to see what our paychecks reflect Friday morning. Either way it's got to be illegal and definitely immoral. Any thoughts! I'm so used to ups sweeping the illegal stuff under the rug, but this needs higher up attention!

2. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Are you in a bone us center?

3. porkwagon

porkwagon Active Member

As long as you are paid correctly for your time worked, who cares!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We have a winner. Close the thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. opey

opey Member

nothing illegal since it doesnt effect your pay... its just an internal number

6. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Wonder who isn't getting credit for their helper? I guess they don't care about them.

7. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Nothing surprises me.....

Carry on.

8. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening in my center. I haven't had a helper on the car with me this season. But for the last 2 weeks the report says I did. I'm in a bonus center and because of this I'm making big bonus. Had been roughly half hour over allowed before they added the helper numbers.
    I asked my steward about it and he said enjoy the extra money. I asked the center manager and he acted like it was no big deal.

9. Brownslave688

It's unethical. You could call the ethics hotline if you're really that worried.

10. Brownslave688

Here's the only problem
    I see. What if one of those packages goes missing?

11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

They do shady stuff like that all the time. Its kind of like 1 driver goes out super heavy on a route, then theres a second driver who has a duplicate board to the 1st drivers board, 2nd driver goes out in a different truck, doesnt scan the vehicle barcode or put any mileage in not to show up at all on any reports, both drivers bust out the route in 2 separate trucks. Looks like 1 route and 1 driver, but in reality its not, its 2 drivers and 2nd driver gets paid for shuttling bulk or safety hours. 1 of the oldest of many tricks these supes do to cover up routes. THEY DO WHATEVER THEY WANT ANYWAY. Let them keep playing their shady game and just do your job and if anything ever occurs, YOU HAVE THAT ACE IN YOUR BACK POCKET IF YOU NEED TO USE IT lol.

12. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Tell them to stop. If they will do that without your knowledge then they will alter other things. And next time it might not be in your favor.

13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Don't see how adding helper time can improve your over/under. Helpers are the kiss of death in a Bonus Center.

14. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Hypocrisy at it's finest. Don't worry, they'll get you for being dishonest on something else.

15. Brown_Star

Brown_Star Methods Man

It's fraud report to lp.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Integrity at its finest.

17. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Whatever packages were added to my day were delivered with a helper board with their info in it. Not my info. So no different than any other driver follow up.

18. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I would slow down.

19. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

They added 60 to 70 stops delivered by the helper to the end of my day but my on road time stayed the same.

20. slappyhappy

slappyhappy Member

I was thinking the same thing. I go from about an hour under to an hour and a half over when I get a helper.