Summer Vacations

PT Car Washer

Oh wait, that's too much rounding for you. You just get checks that the cents are rounded into whole dollars. The 149.49 check comes to you at 149.00. I get it now. Thanks for the insight.
Just looked at one of my pay check stubs. $48.435 OT times 4.03 hrs is $195.19305. Paid $195.19 so yes UPS does round down are pay.

upschuck

I tend to agree with Box on this one, but since there is a panel decision, there is not much you can do. If contract says 15%, that should be the minimum amount out, it doesn't say "about". The earlier panel screwed you guys, and probably used as a bargaining chip.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I tend to agree with Box on this one, but since there is a panel decision, there is not much you can do. If contract says 15%, that should be the minimum amount out, it doesn't say "about". The earlier panel screwed you guys, and probably used as a bargaining chip.
Ah,...the infallibility of the panel system.
So the issue can never be broached again?
What a terrible premise.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I take two weeks each spring to visit Hawaii every year then 5 weeks in the summer.
So close to the top of the list that I cannot be denied 8 hour requests or optional days.
Seniority rules!

upschuck

Ah,...the infallibility of the panel system.
So the issue can never be broached again?
What a terrible premise.
Unless something has changed, then no. What is your time limit, since you think panel decisions are not precedent setting? Got to find a different angle to pursue. I did that and they cave the day of the hearing. How much time and money do you want them to rehash the same things over and over? How about the panels that UPS loses, do you want them to continue whatever practice that cause panel decision with no consequences of previous actions?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Unless something has changed, then no. What is your time limit, since you think panel decisions are not precedent setting? Got to find a different angle to pursue. I did that and they cave the day of the hearing. How much time and money do you want them to rehash the same things over and over? How about the panels that UPS loses, do you want them to continue whatever practice that cause panel decision with no consequences of previous actions?
The post of yours that i was quoting referred to a bad decision, not supported by contractual language, one that might have been used as a "bargaining chip".
This happens far too much.
I want them to rehash things until they get it right, both company and union.
The wasted time and money is spent not getting it right in the first place.
Any time or money spent subsequently to undo a bad decision is well spent.

oldngray

nowhere special
The post of yours that i was quoting referred to a bad decision, not supported by contractual language, one that might have been used as a "bargaining chip".
This happens far too much.
I want them to rehash things until they get it right, both company and union.
The wasted time and money is spent not getting it right in the first place.
Any time or money spent subsequently to undo a bad decision is well spent.

My local made many decisions supposedly as bargaining chips but most of the time it just seemed they were in the company's pocket. When the local makes an agreement with UPS the members are pretty much stuck with it and very difficult to get things changed though.