Sunday Sort

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AndUPSER, Mar 21, 2014.

1. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

My building is having a Sunday sort on the 30th. Any other buildings doing this? I know our volume has been up like crazy lately and we never work on Sunday outside of peak.

2. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I'm jealous.... overtime all day on Friday. Take it while you can get it $$$.

3. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

I know. I didn't even double shift this week but I still worked 30 hours oppose to 18 last year.

4. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Ya I was close to 30 hours this week too. Out of curiosity I checked last year's paycheck on Upsers.com.... it was 28 hours. Peak season year round every year, what can you do. Have a beer is my plan.

5. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

I hope that the Sunday sorts continue then it would really be peak year around.

6. Satuirus2000

Satuirus2000 Member

We always have a Sunday sort where I'm at, although I'm in Local 89.

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

177 has a few.

8. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

We have a Sunday sort every Sunday

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Our Day Sort works Sunday thru Thursday. Sunday is their big day with lots of hours and some double shifters.

10. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

How could you not?

11. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

Saddle Brook? That's the only hub that I am aware in the whole country that works Sundays. For whatever reason that might be??

12. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Not even close...there are many Sunday sorts, including the hub I'm at. There has been one for around 10-15 years.

13. browner89

browner89 Active Member

I wouldn't mind a Sunday sort once a month or so, nice little paycheck, we get double time for all Sunday hours here (Obviously referring to when Sunday is an extra day, not preload starting Sunday Night).

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Those working the Sunday sort are normally on an alternate work schedule and are paid straight time when working on Sunday.

15. browner89

browner89 Active Member

And that isn't how it is here, thanks for the input though.

My center never has any regular activities during "normal" Sunday hours, any sort added is in addition to the normal Monday-Friday sort, and is forced to the twilight/reload shift personnel. Sunday is always double time, HERE, which is what I was referring to.

16. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Member

Awright thanks for your input dude. Define "many"

But I think there are only 2 in the whole country both in nj.

why would a UPS have a Sunday sort in the first place?

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I believe Sleeve works at CHEMA.

18. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Again, you are misinformed...just to let you know. There are quite a few Sunday sorts. I'm sure there are topics on here if you did a search using the search feature. :P

19. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Could be older Hubs that do not have the capacity to run all the weekend work on Monday, perhaps?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We also have a Sunday Day sort. I thought all Hubs worked Sunday thru Thursday. Changed it many years ago when Midnight changed to Sunday night instead of Friday night.