sup bringing out misloads

Johney

I did and he has no problem with sups shuttling misloads provided there are no qualified drivers available to do the work. He much prefers the work be brought to him rather than having to go back to the bldg to get it.
A sup does not have to show a time card, a driver on road does.

Johney

That is incorrect. Corporate has dictated management keep track of their hours for DOT purposes, especially during peak. Now what the management reports, well you can figure that one out.
My point exactly. If they don't do a time card(official)who knows?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My point exactly. If they don't do a time card(official)who knows?
They are suppose to log their own hours. UPS tells them this to stay arms length for liability, much like how a hazmat is handled in real life vs in the video, properly. Training isn't about informing you how to do the job anymore, it's to show they have taken steps to eliminate liabilities and place the blame on the individual instead of the system.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
A center manager and on-road lost their jobs that's how.
As a direct result of coding safety out and having the driver shag misloads? Partial blame needs to go to these receiving and giving drivers who use their cells to communicate outside of the proper UPS system, documenting these actions.

10 point

We aren't talking about DOT regulations.
That is what governs the hourly and management's time driving on road.

Not recording on road hours is a DOT violation. When management takes a vehicle off property their on road hours have to be recorded and they are to sign and fill out the dvir form. There's fines for breaking those rules and it's a huge deal if exposed.

wayfair

swollen member
That is what governs the hourly and management's time driving on road.

Not recording on road hours is a DOT violation. When management takes a vehicle off property their on road hours have to be recorded and they are to sign and fill out the dvir form. There's fines for breaking those rules and it's a huge deal if exposed.
so who reports to who to acknowledge incident?

10 point

so who reports to who to acknowledge incident?
UPS is required to maintain records of all DOT hours of any employee that drives on road. Those records actually are the employee's records because the employee is responsible to adhere to federal regulations and can be subject to fines plus the company can terminate their employment for breaking the law.

If management fails to record DOT on road hours to hide doing hourly work they my be fired but if it's reported to the DOT by hourly (using the DOT Enforcement contact info) the company can be fined.

I cannot see the company reporting themselves to the Feds but hourly has reported them before to make a point.