sup bringing out misloads

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good excuse, but not good enough.

In what world do they owe you or any other hourly an explanation?

I would love to post a poll and to have people answer honestly as to whether they would prefer to go back to the bldg or have misloads brought out to them. I prefer the latter.

Resident know-it-all.

wayfair

swollen member

I would love to post a poll and to have people answer honestly as to whether they would prefer to go back to the bldg or have misloads brought out to them. I prefer the latter.

Resident know-it-all.

that would be the easiest money made ALL DAY!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Resident know-it-all.

You don't owe me anything. However, contractually, the advancement of packages is done by bargaining unit employee, not management.

Put your poll up. Most would like to see hourlies, part-timers, 22.3's or cover drivers shuttle.

MethodsMan

Resident know-it-all.

Except there's this little section in the contract that states once you come back to the building you can't be forced to go back out and deliver.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Resident know-it-all.
Feel free to post a poll, I think you'll be in the minority by far. We get paid by the hour, if that's driving back to the center to get misloads, so be it.

10 point

Except there's this little section in the contract that states once you come back to the building you can't be forced to go back out and deliver.
Ours says we have to have completed our total work assignment when we RTB.

Yawning doesn't change the law U...pity State buddy. Evidently your resident knowledge was depleted, hence the yawn.

I can't wait for some supe to write someone up for not filling out or signing their DVIR when the management team supports shuttling interstate commerce in not DOT vehicles....without having DOT certs themselves.

BrownTexas

Gonna need proof of that one... I could tell you the contract says they will give me pots of gold whenever I give them a written request for such but if I can't prove it then I'm not going to be believed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Gonna need proof of that one... I could tell you the contract says they will give me pots of gold whenever I give them a written request for such but if I can't prove it then I'm not going to be believed.
Art 19 Section 6, Central Region Supplement:
Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the
street once they have returned to the building, after having completed
their full day’s work

Either way, it's mute point as UPS will never adopt having drivers return to the building as SOP for reconciling misloads.
Way too costly.

Grieve supervisors every time they forward packages or perform any other type of bargaining unit work on a continual basis.
Beware of one time anomalies, as the company usually gets a pass on those.
The example in this thread is a slam dunk winner and free money for the person(s) who grows a pair.

Johney

<shrug> I have had supes and hourlies bring me packages in their own cars many times over the years,and all have escaped death or dismemberment
Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. Watch and see how fast they get left with the ass flapping in the wind if it does.

By The Book

What if there are no misloads to be shuttled? Would this person work "on call"?

Resident know-it-all.
If a local sorter is driver qualified and management knows they have this problem then they should have this local sorter start early to shuttle them out. My point is this management needs to use hourly employees for this hourly work. They need to exhaust all options to use hourlies.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Resident know-it-all.
why wouldn't Management owe an explanation if they violate the contract? My center manager and I have had this same discussion many times.,and it ends the same way: he can either explain to me and try to sell me on why he violated the contract or I can file a grievance and at the hearing he can explain it to the BA<shug> some of ya'll kill me on this forum

[quote"UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1377473, member: 12570"]In what world do they owe you or any other hourly an explanation?

Resident know-it-all.[/quote]
U got It.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
[quote"UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1377473, member: 12570"]In what world do they owe you or any other hourly an explanation?

Resident know-it-all.
U got It.[/quote]
I sense a new poll coming...lol

UPSGUY72

A sup bringing you a miss load should be grieved because it is UPS taking a job away from a bargaining unit employee. There should be a bargaining unit employee out there picking up miss loads, shuttling them, or delivering them as needed.

So is this a PT, FT or 22.3 job. Also how many of these position do each building have.

Will never happen.