Surepost changes due soon?

laststop

We'll it may have started last Friday I had 1 package for my post office to day I had 1 package and had 16 sure post with no other packages normal pieces for my post office is 20 to30 I have a rural route sure post stops on streets with out stops how wired some were big pullers time to put more routes in iam on. 9.5 list coaching

Sent using BrownCafe App

We'll it may have started last Friday I had 1 package for my post office to day I had 1 package and had 16 sure post with no other packages normal pieces for my post office is 20 to30 I have a rural route sure post stops on streets with out stops how wired some were big pullers time to put more routes in iam on. 9.5 list coaching

Sent using BrownCafe App
What??

Theking30

SHORTY
Last few weeks my post office is down on Mondays and Fridays. I have stops with a sure post only package. Middle of the week I do not. So I am guessing they need the stops to keep the base routes running on Monday and Friday so they pull more sure post. Then in the middle of the week they let the post office have them.

10 point

Last few weeks my post office is down on Mondays and Fridays. I have stops with a sure post only package. Middle of the week I do not. So I am guessing they need the stops to keep the base routes running on Monday and Friday so they pull more sure post. Then in the middle of the week they let the post office have them.
They CUT routes here on Mon and Fri so we already have enough...more than enough..to go around.

But then, we don't just sit behind a desk and have ambient knowledge.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The problem I see with the surepost language is that "nearby" is not defined. Union may think ground delivery nearby would be 1/2 mile......UPS may think 5 feet is nearby. Obvious loophole left wide open for the company to exploit. And has anyone looked to see how big 3 cu. ft. is? Big honkin box.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M

MenInBrown

I run a country route now. It spans four counties and I can't tell you how many times a day I will run several MILES to del one or two surepost pkgs with absolutely no ups volume to go with it.

The dispatcher says that I need stops and so he gives me surepost stops to fill in.

He also told me that ups has to pay the p.o. $1.50 per pkg everytime we del their surepost work.
I was told complete opposite, that we only pay them when we have them del to final destination.

10 point

I was told complete opposite, that we only pay them when we have them del to final destination.
The PDS said that when we deliver the pkg (to the customer not the PO) we have to pay the po $1.50 each.
I don't believe most of the info I get from supervision. I just posted what I was told. They tell you what they're told to tell hourly.

I really don't care about who pays who as long as the surepost system gets changed to adhere to the new contract guidelines.

Last edited: