Sway me.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Your assuming that it would stay at 3 years with a no vote. What if they renegotiated and they payoff is Healthcare will remain as the UPS plan yet at a 5 year progression? It would be ratified. You just friend'ed his brother over. I'm convinced you have absolutely zero knowledge of how a negotiation works.
Stop your scare tactics. You are trying to say if we vote this down, we may get a worse offfer? Your friend-ing nuts.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Your math is completely wrong. Stay with being a secretary. Did you know that progression can be reduced and eliminated for PTers that drive as seasonal? So let's see the full math now. Did you include the increase in starting pay for the people that do FT? 16.10 to 18.75! You missed that? Your slipping dude!
What are you saying Stink? That a 4 year wage progression is better than a 3 year wage progression?

I don't think so.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

well lean to a NO VOTE it's not only benefits but also retirement and if your making UPS as your career you do want a good retirement package

Anyone with more than 20 years left in their careers really need to start making their own "pension plans". This is a cost that, with education and planning of the memberships, may be able to be sacrificed to provide higher wages for the PTmers, keep costs low for our retirees (if the savings can't rid them of a cost altogether), as well as keep us in a good plan, and bring ALL members up to a good plan.

Everyone seems to anticipate a day when the pension will be gone or reduced to nothing, anyway. Rather than wait for that day, being proactive and focus on educating everyone to provide a solid retirement for themselves. At 15-20 plus years, time is on our side.

stink219

Your math is completely wrong. Stay with being a secretary. Did you know that progression can be reduced and eliminated for PTers that drive as seasonal? So let's see the full math now. Did you include the increase in starting pay for the people that do FT? 16.10 to 18.75! You missed that? Your slipping dude!
What are you saying Stink? That a 4 year wage progression is better than a 3 year wage progression?

I don't think so.
It is when a PTer can reduce or eliminate that time with season driving. Do the math you simpleton! Look at the starting wage and progressions, you are so uninformed. Just because you read a commie website doesn't mean it's fact.

Nimnim

The Nim
Anyone with more than 20 years left in their careers really need to start making their own "pension plans". This is a cost that, with education and planning of the memberships, may be able to be sacrificed to provide higher wages for the PTmers, keep costs low for our retirees (if the savings can't rid them of a cost altogether), as well as keep us in a good plan, and bring ALL members up to a good plan.

Everyone seems to anticipate a day when the pension will be gone or reduced to nothing, anyway. Rather than wait for that day, being proactive and focus on educating everyone to provide a solid retirement for themselves. At 15-20 plus years, time is on our side.

I see what you're saying, and I agree.

I have to bring this up though, if pensions are so bleak in the long run now, why aren't the Teamsters working into their contracts a shift to personal 401ks or something? The union won't just drop retirement benefits(pensions) but it's rather obvious those are going south without significant action like raise deferrals and buyouts.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
As a Western Conference cover driver with less than a year seniority driving, but over 6 years with the company, why should I vote yes. Right now, I'm leaning no. It doesn't have to be long, just brief talking points. My vote counts for two because I have a brother who's a PT'er that said he'll vote whatever I do.
Ask UPS to sway you, I hear it pays better.

I see what you're saying, and I agree.

I have to bring this up though, if pensions are so bleak in the long run now, why aren't the Teamsters working into their contracts a shift to personal 401ks or something? The union won't just drop retirement benefits(pensions) but it's rather obvious those are going south without significant action like raise deferrals and buyouts.
The pension fund I'm in is 103.61% funded. The pensions are reasonable and not out of hand so mines going to be there.

​Next contract you should propose that your region moves into the Ibt/ups plan. Wait till next contract and the few remaining multi employer plane will be real bad off. Western conference of teamsters might be funded at 90 percent right now but with there very high pension and even higher rate of retiree's in the next five years it will go down also.

UPS Preloader

Stink, forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the progression reduction because of our New England Supplement? If so, this doesn't apply to everyone.

UPS Preloader

As a Western Conference cover driver with less than a year seniority driving, but over 6 years with the company, why should I vote yes. Right now, I'm leaning no. It doesn't have to be long, just brief talking points. My vote counts for two because I have a brother who's a PT'er that said he'll vote whatever I do.

There are many issues with the new contract and each issue affects each and every one of us in different ways. Ask yourself the following questions:

Is this proposal in the best interest of the 140,000 members being moved into the TEAMCARE Health Plan? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the part timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the full timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the retiree’s? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the union? If no, vote NO.
Is the new 4 year driver progression acceptable? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the 9.5 issues? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the harassment issues? If no, vote NO.

If you answer NO to any of the above questions, show some solidarity, support your brothers and sisters and vote NO. If you answer NO to any of the above questions and still vote YES you should be ashamed.

If you answer YES to all of the above questions, by all means vote YES and feel proud of it.

From my own standpoint, I have no issues with the proposed contact as most of it doesn’t affect me, but I will still be voting NO as I will not throw any of my brother and sisters under the bus. (PT Starting wage is too low, Retiree healthcare increase is too high.)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There are many issues with the new contract and each issue affects each and every one of us in different ways. Ask yourself the following questions:

Is this proposal in the best interest of the 140,000 members being moved into the TEAMCARE Health Plan? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the part timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the full timers? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the retiree’s? If no, vote NO.
Is this proposal in the best interest of the union? If no, vote NO.
Is the new 4 year driver progression acceptable? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the 9.5 issues? If no, vote NO.
Does this proposal properly address the harassment issues? If no, vote NO.

If you answer NO to any of the above questions, show some solidarity, support your brothers and sisters and vote NO. If you answer NO to any of the above questions and still vote YES you should be ashamed.

If you answer YES to all of the above questions, by all means vote YES and feel proud of it.

From my own standpoint, I have no issues with the proposed contact as most of it doesn’t affect me, but I will still be voting NO as I will not throw any of my brother and sisters under the bus. (PT Starting wage is too low, Retiree healthcare increase is too high.)

Excellent post. We in the West would rather see all of our brothers and sisters on a similiar health care plan as we have currently. There should be no reason why we are all on different plans. We went on strike to protect these benefits collectively, and yet today, guys like stink would vote YES and negatively affect 140,000 teamsters.

When did the company pin us against each other?

There is nothing positive about this T.A. other than settling it before the deadline. We will ALL be affected by this change, and what we are seeing is the begining of the end of our benefits alltogether.

Peace

TOS

stink219

Stink, forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the progression reduction because of our New England Supplement? If so, this doesn't apply to everyone.
There are other supplements besides ours that now have it and some already did. I was just making a point that some people have a limited scope of the mathematical variable when guessing costs of raises and the likeness.

anonymous4

Everywhere or just in the new england supplement? What other supplements have that language?

edit: Just saw this discussed. Why are you talking as if this is in the master? We now have part time cover drivers in the NE supplement, which can't be at all good for people looking to go full time.

stink219

Everywhere or just in the new england supplement? What other supplements have that language?

edit: Just saw this discussed. Why are you talking as if this is in the master? We now have part time cover drivers in the NE supplement, which can't be at all good for people looking to go full time.
The PTers are replacing the outside casuals. This language is in other supplements as well. It was already in a few others. It's a very good thing. We usually had about 15-20 outside casuals that cover for summer and peak, now it will be a pool of our part timers. All this new language does is replace outside people with our part timers. It will take the same amount of time for a FT job, but it let's the PTers get more hours and better pay.

U

uber

So you prefer that someone else do your homework for you? This isn't high school----take the time to read the TA and decide for yourself. Your brother should do the same.

What makes you think I haven't read it. Do you realize how our judicial system works? Both sides present their case and the jury decides. In this thread I'm the jury. You're just bitter because I'm leaning no.

stink219

So you prefer that someone else do your homework for you? This isn't high school----take the time to read the TA and decide for yourself. Your brother should do the same.

What makes you think I haven't read it. Do you realize how our judicial system works? Both sides present their case and the jury decides. In this thread I'm the jury. You're just bitter because I'm leaning no.
I assure you that Upstate is not concerned with your vote.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I could care less how you vote---just read the TA and vote based on your research---don't come here asking for help with your homework.