TeamCare

brown_trousers

how many blue-collar people do you think still don't have deductibles? (Hint...we are one of the last in the US)
Which makes it an even smarter move, to avoid deductibles in a blue-collar job.

the smart ones are those who can avoid expenses like this. Giving up and accepting the status-quo of health insurance does not make one smarter

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Which makes it an even smarter move, to avoid deductibles in a blue-collar job.

the smart ones are those who can avoid expenses like this. Giving up and accepting the status-quo of health insurance does not make one smarter

We have had co-pays and deductibles for the last 5-10 years. I am a healthy person who normally goes to the dentist twice a year, the optometrist once a year and my physician as needed. All are participating providers, which means I have no out of pocket, and I have yet to come close to meeting my annual deductible.

Co-pays and deductibles force us to think of our healthcare dollars as our own.

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
It's hard to tell what Teamcare will mean for you because the plan differs from each local/area. Here in Western PA, it means that starting in 2018, we have to pay $1000 per person and $2000 per family before Teamcare covers anything. Basically, that means that we will then have to pay $2000 a year before Teamcares coverage kicks in. Then we are under the constraints of the Teamcare coverage that has copays that are double of what we now pay and has an inferior prescription plan. Common maladies such as chest congestion, dizziness, or even soreness or slightly painful situations will be put on hold because we know that before we have ANY coverage we have to pay $2000 out of pocket. It's a good thing UPS is making record profits or we would all be in real trouble.

35yrwstpadriver

Pittsburgh Brown
Here in Western PA we receive a 70 cent per hour raise in each of the next three years. IF you work 45 hours per week, that equals $1456 a year. We would then only have to pay $544 a year more to get to the point were we only have to pay $2000 more to get our Teamcare activated. That's the healthcare plan that's not nearly as good as the one that our Teamster leaders GAVE AWAY in the last contract negotiations and then used the $ that we gave them through union dues to pay for propaganda to tell us that they WON us big improvements.

BrownBrokeDown

It's hard to tell what Teamcare will mean for you because the plan differs from each local/area. Here in Western PA, it means that starting in 2018, we have to pay $1000 per person and $2000 per family before Teamcare covers anything. Basically, that means that we will then have to pay $2000 a year before Teamcares coverage kicks in. Then we are under the constraints of the Teamcare coverage that has copays that are double of what we now pay and has an inferior prescription plan. Common maladies such as chest congestion, dizziness, or even soreness or slightly painful situations will be put on hold because we know that before we have ANY coverage we have to pay $2000 out of pocket. It's a good thing UPS is making record profits or we would all be in real trouble.
In my experience with high deductible insurances at other jobs, it doesn't quite work this way. Dr office visits is still a copay, and prescriptions are still a copay. so for chest congestion or something else reletively minor that doesnt require surgery, x-rays, etc, will run you next to nothing.

kingOFchester

You are confusing deductibles and co-pays.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here in Western PA....

You seem to be doing good enough, to drive Hummers.

91l5vt.jpg

Working at UPS really sucks.

-Bug-

flyersfan

How is TeamCare going to affect us?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Has anyone gotten any info in the mail about the Teamcare benefits that goes into affect June 1st yet?You'd think we'd gotten things sent to us by now,but I haven't seen nothing yet.What I do know is that I'm going to start getting my prescriptions by mail order instead of paying $5 for them at my local pharmacy,but what if your current doctor doesn't accept the new ins.,so many questions,but few answers.

Stonefish

That is for major medical. There is a $2000 cap in TeamCare and no cap in the company plan TeamCare is less expensive than the company plan

flyersfan

Has anyone gotten any info in the mail about the Teamcare benefits that goes into affect June 1st yet?You'd think we'd gotten things sent to us by now,but I haven't seen nothing yet.What I do know is that I'm going to start getting my prescriptions by mail order instead of paying $5 for them at my local pharmacy,but what if your current doctor doesn't accept the new ins.,so many questions,but few answers.

upswife75

No, that $1000/$2000 is the MAXIMUM you can pay out of pocket each year (not including rx or copays). So, if you end up paying enough medical bills that your 20% (after insurance covers their 80%) that it comes out to the $1000/$2000, after that, you are covered at 100% instead of 80%.

saintrick

That is for major medical. There is a $2000 cap in TeamCare and no cap in the company plan TeamCare is less expensive than the company plan

There was a cap in the company plan $1000 per person but the plan paid almost everything at 100% so you never got into the out of pocket.

The Teamcare $1000 per person $2000 max family looks nice but you are responsible for 20% in many instances causing a higher out of pocket cost than the old company plan for most people.

upschuck

Just got a letter that if you have spent more than the new deductible, then you will get a refund. woot, woot. Money coming back to me. It says check will be sent by October 31, 2014.

Foamer Pyle

Myself and my family have had TeamCare for a long time. I have never experienced and problems with billing or them paying. A very small percent of people had a better deal than the rest of us for awhile, the ride is over. There is nothing wrong with TeamCare, your not going to go broke. We will all be on Obama Care before long, then you will really have something to cry about. Keep voting Democrat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Lwms

Free if you use US Imaging, don't know how widely available they are, but good option if nearby.
I live in a town that doesn't have U S Imaging but when I called they set up a local MRI Imaging place and they paid 100 % of it . Just call their number it could save u a bundle . I have been on Central States 28 yrs

BrownBrokeDown

Just wondering if anyone but me has been checking into the new insurance yet.

My son's generic maintanence medication is going from app. $90 via mailorder per month, to $0 via pickup at CVS per month. App. $1080 in savings per year.

upschuck

Just wondering if anyone but me has been checking into the new insurance yet.

My son's generic maintanence medication is going from app. $90 via mailorder per month, to $0 via pickup at CVS per month. App. $1080 in savings per year.
That's awesome. Didn't know you could Caremark to CVS for free. I know there is the option to pu at CVS, but I thought you would still get charge $5 plus the inconvenience to go to CVS.