Teamster Local 804 Gives Management an OJS

JonFrum

I think your video is a nice thought but it does not prove anything. Another car in the area can be explained away as extra work. A statement from a preloader that specific work was pulledg off the route before the ride would seem to carry more wieght. A supervisor should be able to demonstrate methods and it might be cute to prevent video showing bad methods by a sup but ultimately this cases come down to working as instructed. In that context its did the driver do what the supervisor told him to do. How did the driver do under direct supervison , how did he do when alone.

I do like the creativity you guys in the north east show. Between planes flying banners and business agents taping supervisors it sounds like you guys have a regular three ring circus running up there. :happy2:
That made Sigmund smile. :wink2:

deleted9

Good job 804! I have never thought about filming sups doing performance rides, but its something that is not pushed here very hard yet. But when the time comes we too will have our cameras handy. I have taken pictues and even video os sups working and safety vioalations and even followed sups when they went out on the street working, but I look forward to videoing these rides also in the near future.

Sounds to me like the new guys are doing pretty good there in New york!

Like a bad penny its back................. with absolutely nothing value added

705red

Browncafe Steward
Like a bad penny its back................. with absolutely nothing value added

Wow I officially have my own stalker! How s that new BMW doing? See your still over compensating for lacking in other areas? Maybe if you hang a cinder block from your junk it will stretch out a litlle?! LMFAO:surprised:

Blizzard

Lol. Thanks tie for the early evening chuckle. I recently seen a suit make a lame duck excuse for stealing a ipod, so I knew you could come up with a good one. I personally have your suits demonstrate how to do the job, then its mine to follow. The do as I say not as I dotheory dores not work well in this instance. The ojs tampering is a little more than your little theory.It is what it is.

He's prolly right though. They make the rules its their game.

tieguy

Banned
Lol. Thanks tie for the early evening chuckle. I recently seen a suit make a lame duck excuse for stealing a ipod, so I knew you could come up with a good one. I personally have your suits demonstrate how to do the job, then its mine to follow. The do as I say not as I dotheory dores not work well in this instance. The ojs tampering is a little more than your little theory.It is what it is.

That made Sigmund smile. :wink2:

I'm not surprised . Its clear 804 does not get it since they had a shop steward fired for performance.

UPSSOCKS

I'm not surprised . Its clear 804 does not get it since they had a shop steward fired for performance.

Yeah, that was pretty bad.... It's hard enough to can someone for performance and your representation can't even represent themselves...

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I cannot comment because the Mods have to "approve" my posts. Right now it is 2241EDT here as I type this in NC. I would like to see how long it takes for my "approval"

tieguy

Banned
Yeah, that was pretty bad.... It's hard enough to can someone for performance and your representation can't even represent themselves...

yep. thats the main problem with some of these radical locals, they think they have been empowered to run the company. Its a shame people have to lose their jobs because their union is on some kind of power trip.

bigbrownhen

It's not only the union on power trips, there have been management do the same. When ones own ego comes before the good of the company or the worker, that is where the shame is. There are "ego maniacs" on both sides.

local804

Empowered to run the company? Na. Dont think so, not even close tieguy. We are just looking for a supervisor that will honor the contract and give our drivers a fair days work. What do you guys have to gain on an unfair ojs besides a grab on your butt from the dm and job justification? Cheating is cheating no matter how well you look at it, we are just asking to play fair. Nowhere in any posts do I look the cheat your system or get freebies from your company.

tieguy

Banned
It's not only the union on power trips, there have been management do the same. When ones own ego comes before the good of the company or the worker, that is where the shame is. There are "ego maniacs" on both sides.

Hen I don't disagree with that point. However the company has that power as part of the basic employer and employee relationship. some of your more radical locals like 804 don't understand that relationship. they think they are empowered to boss the boss. when they sell that message members like that steward because casualties in the fracas that ensues.

tieguy

Banned
Empowered to run the company? Na. Dont think so, not even close tieguy. We are just looking for a supervisor that will honor the contract and give our drivers a fair days work. What do you guys have to gain on an unfair ojs besides a grab on your butt from the dm and job justification? Cheating is cheating no matter how well you look at it, we are just asking to play fair. Nowhere in any posts do I look the cheat your system or get freebies from your company.

you guys cry about the contract but thats really a wild goose chase. your steward got fired for production because you folks thought you could dictate the job requirements to the company. "I'm the mighty 804 and I'm gonna tell you what I am doing today". boss the boss. So now that the guy is gone you guys think you're going to chase management around with video camaras. why. Because you again are arroganat enough to think you can embarass the boss into submission. Its your pissing contest and your jobs that you guys are playing with.

So what happens when one of your guys is fighting for his job?

arbitrator-what happened?

sup- the guy did not do what I told him to do

arbitrator - is this true?

driver- ah let me tell you about this video we got.

sup - he also did not do this

arbitrator - is that true?

driver - have I told you about this great video I have?

804 you are right , its hilarious to think about.

local804

Who said anything about not following instructions?
Do the job the way you guys want and we win everytime........no doubt.
The problem arrises when one day you tell us to do it this way and the next day its different. The video shows sup telling driver to put box on the stoop when he wanted to place it around back. N o cars in rhe driveway and he wants it left in perfect view and weather? Cmon tie........just play fair

tieguy

Banned
Who said anything about not following instructions?
Do the job the way you guys want and we win everytime........no doubt.
The problem arrises when one day you tell us to do it this way and the next day its different. The video shows sup telling driver to put box on the stoop when he wanted to place it around back. N o cars in rhe driveway and he wants it left in perfect view and weather? Cmon tie........just play fair

yep, 804 is a bunch of company men that just want to be treated fairly. I got ya.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I do like the creativity you guys in the north east show. Between planes flying banners and business agents taping supervisors it sounds like you guys have a regular three ring circus running up there. :happy2:

They are just taking a page from the UPS Management playbook.

We have sups following drivers around and spying on them every day, and writing them up for petty drivel in order to meet their weekly warning letter quota.

When a scratch driver with 12 yrs safe driving and 23 years with no lost-time injuries gets followed and spied on 3 times in 2 weeks, you start wondering who the hell is in charge of this outfit and what are they smoking.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I imagine it will have to spend some time in the video editing room to get the right 'flavor" before its released.:happy-very:

And where do you think they might have learned this trick? Fudging numbers and images is nothing new to UPS its actually a past practice of sorts. lol