Teamsters election may hold cards for upcoming UPS contract talks

RUDoneYet

@Swanson regarding this statement from that article: "Then there’s O’Brien, who Atlanta-based UPS (NYSE:UPS) hopes and prays doesn’t win." do you believe that will sway additional members to automatically vote for O'Brien?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
@Swanson regarding this statement from that article: "Then there’s O’Brien, who Atlanta-based UPS (NYSE:UPS) hopes and prays doesn’t win." do you believe that will sway additional members to automatically vote for O'Brien?
Don't know he talks a good game, it also said this

An O’Brien victory in November could mean much aggravation for the company when talks begin later next year.​

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Don't know he talks a good game, it also said this

An O’Brien victory in November could mean much aggravation for the company when talks begin later next year.​

Reminds me a lot of Ron Carey...Got that east coast accent and does well with public speaking..

We had 24 years of Hoffa, so most of us are starved for a tough negotiator. He appears to be that, waiting for the first debate before I make a decision.

I know those in the Central and Southern are leaning heavily toward the OZ ticket..

Vairma might be a good man, but members are sick and tired of maintaining the current status quo, we need a change, long overdue.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Reminds me a lot of Ron Carey...Got that east coast accent and does well with public speaking..

We had 24 years of Hoffa, so most of us are starved for a tough negotiator. He appears to be that, waiting for the first debate before I make a decision.

I know those in the Central and Southern are leaning heavily toward the OZ ticket..

Vairma might be a good man, but members are sick and tired of maintaining the current status quo, we need a change, long overdue.
Carey hated UPS because he had worked there. A strike was inevitable.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Going to be the best contract evarr
You better hope. If the economy is in the tank next year as many economists think it will be, the company will be in no mood for a lucrative contract for the teamsters. UPS is a bottom line company, and that means profits.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You better hope. If the economy is in the tank next year as many economists think it will be, the company will be in no mood for a lucrative contract for the teamsters. UPS is a bottom line company, and that means profits.
Hey...

Ummm...

You know anyone who can get me a red apple watch?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

They still have a lot of fat to cut in their own ranks before 2023,

Remember that it will not only be the teamsters negotiating.. the Pilots and the Airline Mechanics contract expires also.