Strike called off! Contract agreed to by June 30th!

AKCoverMan

And yet everyone of those things could be addressed, doesn’t mean we will get exactly what we want, but it does mean we get something.
After another three days at table I can say we are seeing movement, and Blob’s statement above is spot on.

Still in early innings. Interesting stuff but real fun starts in April when the National opens.

Thebrownblob

After another three days at table I can say we are seeing movement, and Blob’s statement above is spot on.

Still in early innings. Interesting stuff but real fun starts in April when the National opens.
Central did not meet last week, they did meet the week before and they finally got a few things accomplished, after several weeks of mostly nothing, still plenty to do but there is movement. Unfortunately, it sounds like this is the Way negotiations with UPS work. Slow. Good luck @AKCoverMan with negotiations! Give them hell

AKCoverMan

Central did not meet last week, they did meet the week before and they finally got a few things accomplished, after several weeks of mostly nothing, still plenty to do but there is movement. Unfortunately, it sounds like this is the Way negotiations with UPS work. Slow. Good luck @AKCoverMan with negotiations! Give them hell
I did feel a slight rise in the company’s sense of urgency to get TAs on a number of articles this time around compared to the first three and a half days we met in February. Cautiously optimistic….

We still have some big issues on the table but definitely progress.

We met on Saturday, was fun joking with them a bit…”How you like your Sixth Punch?” 🤣🤣

AKCoverMan

Having said that... I will reiterate: this is probably not the year to go out and take on a fat new car payment or buy a lot of toys. Stack those Benjamins for August. If we don’t have to walk out, so much the better…buy yourself a toy in August if we’re working! 😏

Thebrownblob

Having said that... I will reiterate: this is probably not the year to go out and take on a fat new car payment or buy a lot of toys. Stack those Benjamins for August. If we don’t have to walk out, so much the better…buy yourself a toy in August if we’re working! 😏
Dammit Why didn’t you tell me that five minutes ago?
1679858995442.gif

anonymous23456

I have gotten a solution for the Union guys. You guys should pool money together. Then go to a bank (not Silicon Valley Bank) and borrow the rest of money to buy out UPS. After that, you can decide what to do.

AKCoverMan

I have gotten a solution for the Union guys. You guys should pool money together. Then go to a bank (not Silicon Valley Bank) and borrow the rest of money to buy out UPS. After that, you can decide what to do.
Currently all ups stock outstanding is worth about $160,000,000,000.00.

Let’s see how much we can “pool”. I’ll check the seat cushions for loose change.

Brownwind

Pool money together??? We’ve been at this awhile and are self financed. We work hard and bank harder.
Seriously though in this economy why would you be in debt? Invest wisely for rainy days

Over70irregs

Buy a bank =Ripoff royally

JUST IN: First Citizens agrees to buy Silicon Valley Bank for $500 million.
Just one year ago, SVB was worth nearly $40 billion and operated as the 14th biggest bank in the U.S.
One month ago, First Citizens was half the size of SVB.
It’s concerning how quickly SVB collapsed.

Thebrownblob

Buy a bank =Ripoff royally

JUST IN: First Citizens agrees to buy Silicon Valley Bank for $500 million.
Just one year ago, SVB was worth nearly $40 billion and operated as the 14th biggest bank in the U.S.
One month ago, First Citizens was half the size of SVB.
It’s concerning how quickly SVB collapsed.
It’s all fake

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We can go back and forth about PVD drivers and how it's a violation of the contract.
But honestly they know how much work you are dispatched with.
My biggest issue is you will give away too much work to the scabs and a company wants to screw people out of their 8-hour guarantee.

But the members not help themselves.
Everyone will bitch when they see how much less money they’re making when the bills start getting unpaid