Strike called off! Contract agreed to by June 30th!

Johney

1987 thru 1990 … oldest book I have…I swear the 82 Contract had a bonus.. Casey passed on and willed it to his employees (Union and Union free) his minions used it to sell us out for a two tier concession …memory not as good as it was… could be wrong..:wheelchai
That was the Christmas bonus I made it in on the last year. The contract of 1990 was a one time signing bonus.

Thebrownblob

It's still not right to have seasonal people working and having union members not getting their 8-hour guarantee
We still have thousands of dollars worth of pending. Grievances put on hold from several years ago regarding PVDs. The company taking their work off drivers and giving them eight hours or less and letting PVDs run as many hours as they want pretty simple violation of at the very least seniority. Never mind PVDs are not in our contract.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We still have thousands of dollars worth of pending. Grievances put on hold from several years ago regarding PVDs. The company taking their work off drivers and giving them eight hours or less and letting PVDs run as many hours as they want pretty simple violation of at the very least seniority. Never mind PVDs are not in our contract.
Not sure why the don’t just hire more drivers. I feel like it’s just more beneficial. Small business and such make this company good money and some people choose ups for their drivers alone. Be more influential as long as the drivers isn’t a dick. I see a lot of bad attitudes from young people here especially from people I’ve delivered to business wise who have told me about it encounters. Such a damn shame.

I'm pretty sure that will be addressed during negotiations

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Attachments

• 49572649-B099-4BA8-9A0E-416D65224EAD.jpeg
    49572649-B099-4BA8-9A0E-416D65224EAD.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 42

DELACROIX

Only item (metal pin) I have from the 1997 strike.. I did take a sign home…made of cardboard and didn’t last long…

The pin is in excellent shape..25 + years later..

Johney

Not sure why the don’t just hire more drivers. I feel like it’s just more beneficial. Small business and such make this company good money and some people choose ups for their drivers alone. Be more influential as long as the drivers isn’t a dick. I see a lot of bad attitudes from young people here especially from people I’ve delivered to business wise who have told me about it encounters. Such a damn shame.
You're kidding right? While I get your point and it make sense service wide(if UPS actually cared about service anymore)it's far cheaper to have PVD's then to put another driver on the road. Benefits,vacation's,etc. cost far more than paying some dipwad to deliver out of his own car.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You're kidding right? While I get your point and it make sense service wide(if UPS actually cared about service anymore)it's far cheaper to have PVD's then to put another driver on the road. Benefits,vacation's,etc. cost far more than paying some dipwad to deliver out of his own car.
Better business opportunity.

DELACROIX